2

The bar is packed with all the bride and groom's friends and family by the time Morgan and Jesse show up.

"Damnit. We should have already been here. Stop grinning like that Jesse, I know what you're thinking."

Jesse laughs, "Babe all I'm thinking about is how beautiful you look tonight. That dress is fucking amazing. I can't wait to get you home and take it off of you." He pulls her to him and kisses her like no one else is around. He slides his hand down her bare back and squeezes her ass. She jumps and starts laughing.  "Not yet babe, we've got a party to attend first. Then we'll go home and I'll let you do whatever you want." Morgan grabs his hand and pulls him through the crowd to find Amy and Donnie.

"Morgan?"

She stops dead in her tracks. That voice. She'll never forget that voice. Jesse wraps his arms around her from behind to keep from knocking her over. "Babe, what did you stop for?"

"Morgan?"

Morgan turns and looks at him. That voice from her past. She hasn't heard that voice in five years, but she'd still know it anywhere. Morgan puts on her best smile. "Hi, I heard you finally made it home again."

"Yeah, I got in last night. How have you been Morg? Damn, it's been a long time.  How are you? What have you been up to?"

"Sorry can't talk right now, I really need to find Amy and Donnie. I'm sure we'll see each other later. Maybe we can catch up then." Before he can say anything else she grabs Jesse by the hand and pulls him through the crowd again. "Morgan, slow down, you're going to pull my arm out of the socket. Who was that guy? And why are we running away from him?"

"I'm not running away from anyone. And that guy was Jordan." Morgan says matter of factly.

"Wait, that's Jordan? What's he doing here?" Jesse looks back at Jordan and can see he's watching them walk away. Jesse's heard all about Jordan and what he did to Morgan. How he broke her. Jesse can't believe Jordan's here now and trying to talk to her after all these years.

"Jordan is Donnie's best man, he kind of has to be here."

"How can Donnie have him in the wedding after what he did to you?" Jesse just can't believe this.

Morgan exhales, "Jesse, Donnie and Jordan have been best friends just as long as Amy and I have. We all did everything together until what happened. They've kept him away for five years. But I can't expect Donnie to keep him away forever. It's time I get over it. So I'm going to make the best of this fucked up situation." She turns to continue her search for Amy and Donnie, oblivious that Jesse is no longer holding her hand.

Jesse waits for Morgan to disappear into the crowd and goes back to where Jordan is standing. "Hey man, we haven't been introduced. I'm Jesse, Morgan's boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you Jesse. I'm Jordan. Donnie's best man." He offers Jesse his hand, but Jesse just looks down at it. "Look Jordan, I know who the fuck you are. And I can't believe you think it's okay to come here after what you did to Morgan. Do yourself a favor and stay away from her. Do your best man shit with the maid of honor, but leave it at that. It took Morgan forever to get over what you did to her. She doesn't need you bringing that shit up after all this time."

Jordan looks around for Morgan or Donnie or anyone to save him. He isn't one for confrontation at all. So this interaction is making him very uncomfortable. "Look man, I'm not trying to hurt her, I just want to talk to her."

"You've had five years for that. It wasn't important enough to bring you home before now. You didn't need to talk to her until something else brought you home. So stop lying to yourself and to her. You don't need to talk to her, you want to because you saw her with me. And your jealous. I don't blame you, if I was ever dumb enough to let her go I'd do anything to try to get just a little time with her too. But she's with me now and I make her happy. So back the fuck off."

Jordan's a little taken aback. He hadn't meant anything by asking Morgan questions. He really just wanted to talk to her. To explain and apologize to her.  He needed her to know he felt terrible for what he'd done to her. She hadn't deserved it. But he didn't want to cause any problems for her, especially with her boyfriend. "I swear Jesse I didn't mean any harm. I'm not trying to step on any toes here. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. She looks really happy now and I'm glad she was able to find that again with someone else. I only wanted to apologize to her. She definitely didn't deserve what I did to her. But if it's going to cause any problems I'll leave it alone."

Jesse stares at Jordan for a few seconds, then just says "Alright, good" before he walks away.

Jesse finds Amy and Donnie but Morgan isn't with them. "Where's Morgan? Did she ever find you guys?"

Donnie shakes his head and Amy says she hasn't seen her. Jesse tells them about her running into Jordan and the exchange they had. He tells them she walked off to find them. Amy replies, "Maybe she stopped by the restroom, I'll go check." Amy quickly walks away and Donnie asks Jesse if that was all that happened with Jordan. Jesse tells him what he went back and said to him. Donnie nods and excuses himself. Leaving Jesse to wonder how much of a problem Jordan's presence is going to be this week.