Mirror Image

Beginne am Anfang

And I have been able to do, almost, everything except exactly that.

I have been killing myself, working day and sleepless night, to try and get the name of that damn hospital. But, if there's one thing these PLF suckers know, it's how important it is to keep that specific secret.

Having no choice, I've fully taken Diane's advice to speed things up, having a complete disregard for my own life, at this point.

So many risks. I've taken so many risks, in these past four weeks that should have left me good for dead; blatantly snooping around secret rooms I know I'm not supposed to be in. Asking, much too obvious, questions. Becoming desperately persistent when people give me a piece of information I can cling onto, exhausting the topic with them, until there's nothing left to talk about.

I have no idea how I haven't gotten caught, yet.

But, as I said before, my concern at the moment isn't about my own life.

It's about Ari's life, because her life is worth everything to me. I can't let her die. I can save her, because she can be saved.

I will do everything in my power to make this possible. There's nothing that can stop me from achieving my goal.

And, even if I'm unable to get the name of that hospital....even if something happens, where I realize that Ari is still in a certain amount of danger...

My goal won't change. A few other things may change in the process, but not that.

But, besides that, the moment, itself, is also bittersweet, because I don't know how Ari's feeling, or how she's been doing.

From what Diane told me, she willingly accepted this suicide mission, and that revelation kills me everyday. Why did she do such a thing? Is she aware of all the details? Is she aware that she's basically sacrificing herself for this?

Is she scared? Is she okay? How is she feeling today?

Ari has listened to all of my stories about the pro hero world. Admittedly, most of these stories consisted of me bashing and trashing the business, without holding back. Between me and growing up with Diane, she's already more than aware of all the bullshit that goes into being a pro hero-and she's not even begun the journey, yet.

It makes me wonder if she's even excited. If she's proud of herself.

And, god damn, I hope she is. Because, that's where the sweet part of this whole bittersweet situation comes into play...

Ari has worked her ass off to get where she is today. And while you know I'll support her through anything she does, I ain't just talkin' from the perspective of her boyfriend, when I say that.

On this exact day, one year ago, I ran into Ari Parker in the stairwell of a business building, while we were both trying to contain some villains.

I know I never really told ya my perspective from that day, so here's a bit of it. But, a fair warning that my side ain't all that pretty or romantic. I was still going through my phase of being a pretty big dick, at the time.

Ah, but, anyways....well, there's not much to it, you see. I'd been flying around the city, when I spotted her walking with Ryukyu and Nejire Hado.

I'd been keeping up with Ari's achievements, once she entered UA high, especially since I originally requested her to join my agency-until she turned me down, the first time. The point is, I wasn't expecting to see her on that side of town. After all, she'd been interning at Jeanist's agency, from what I remembered.