XXVIII. Oliver Wood

The One with the Robes

"Promise me you come and watch," Oliver whines as he walks along your side

"Promise me you come and watch," Oliver whines as he walks along your side. You let out a chuckle — "did I ever miss a game of yours?"
Oliver was taken aback by it and stammered — "well, no ... but,-" "But?" you raise an eyebrow at the Gryffindor. "Nothing," he murmurs quietly.
     "I will be there." "Thank you," he sweetly says and presses a kiss on your temple.

"Can we spend the night together before the game?" he whispered as he leaned closer to your ear. Your cheeks flushed as you looked at him.
You saw the innocent look he gave you and laughed — "alright, Wood." His mouth quirked into a smile as he squealed in joy.

Meeting you is the best thing that could ever happen to Oliver. He met you due Quidditch, because you might have been hit with the bludger.
Even though you are from the enemies' house, Slytherin, Olives sprinted towards you to check on you.

"Bloody hell!" Oliver cursed under his breath. He sprinted towards the person who just had been hit with a bludger.
"Are you okay?" he asked concerned. He watched your painful face and sought for your house but you weren't wearing any house clothes. "I'm totally fine," you murmur. Oliver rolled his eyes and said — "I'm going to bring you to madam promfrey. No complaining."
     Oliver picked you up in bridal style and walked off the Quidditch field. Fred and George were watching with open mouth. "Did we this see this right? Wood carrying a girl?!"

Oliver was watching you while your eyes were closed. He didn't know you, but he did know that you looked beautiful. He couldn't guess your house but assumed it was Gryffindor because you were on the fields during their training.
"Thank you." A soft voice was heard and Oliver looked down. He sent you a small smile — "no problem. What is your name, if I may ask." "Y/N L/N." "Beautiful, suits you." "Thank you."
"I'm Oliver. Oliver Wood."

"My dear," Madam Pomfrey comments as Oliver walks into the Hospital Wing. She hurries the Gryffindor Captain to walk over to the bed. "Thank you, Wood," she shortly says and starts to investigate you.
"That must have been a bad collision," she mutters. She notices Oliver standing there and dismisses him. "You may go and rest. You can visit Y/N tomorrow." Oliver nods and glances one more time at the student before leaving the Hospital Wing.

Oliver later found out you are a Slytherin, in the same years as him.
Oliver's legs brought the boy to the Hospital Wing while he didn't exactly know why. He saw a female silhouette near your bed and noticed you were awake.
"You almost got killed." Oliver heard the girl saying. You chuckled as you fiddled with your hands. "Yeah, but I'm still here." "Not until I kill you."

"Oh, hey Oliver," you greet, "Oliver, this is Victoria. Vic, this is Oliver ... the one who brought me to the hospital wing." Victoria glances over her shoulder and eyes the Gryffindor up and down.
Now Oliver could see the emblem of Victoria's sweater. Slytherin. "Nice to meet you and thank you for saving my friend." "No problem and nice to meet you too."

"Miss Malfoy, if you would be so kind to escort miss L/N to her classes and Slytherin common room?" Madam Pomfrey asks. Victoria nods — "of course, ma'am."
"Well, let's go." You made your way out of bed and Victoria supported you while walking. "See you later, Oliver." "See you later," he breathes.

It appears Gryffindor has classes with Slytherin. The captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team simply hasn't noticed.
     'Til the day he saw you in class. He started to talk to you. More and more. And one led to another. People have judged about them being in a relationship, but Y/N and Oliver stood up for each other.

Oliver couldn't wait to finally spend the night with you before the Quidditch game. He could really relax whenever you are around him and he loved how you were this adorable.
Whenever he was angry or frustrated, you always knew how to soothe it. He loved you and you knew it.

At the end of the day, Oliver took you to the Gryffindor tower. Everyone of the lions took a like of you and approved your presence in the lion's tower.
"Hey, Y/N." You turn around when you hear a voice in unison. You see the Weasley twins and the beaters of the Quidditch team. They wink at you before you follow Oliver upstairs.
You send them their iconic wink before disappearing around the corner.

"I've waited for this all day," he murmurs as he snuggles closer to your body. "Snape wasn't fun," he murmurs, which makes you chuckle. "It's because you are not in his house," you explain.
"Does he like you?" he asks — popping up his head. You laid on your back while Oliver laid on his stomach and half over you. "He does, because I'm an expert in potions." "Lucky," he murmurs as he drops his face into the mattress.
"Don't be so dramatic, Wood," you giggle. "I'm not," he whines. "You are," you giggle and play with his hair. "Well let me be," he murmurs. "I will," you say and stop playing with his hair.
"Don't stop playing with my hair." You chuckled and started playing with his hair for minutes.

You turned to your side and snuggled closer to Oliver. "I love you," he murmurs and presses a kiss on your head. Your stomach explodes and your heart accelerates.
     "I love you too," you whisper. You close your eyes and slowly fall into your sleep. Before Oliver could fall asleep, he felt that you grabbed his shirt in an adorable way. He felt his heart accelerating as he closed his eyes.
You are the world to me, he thought before falling asleep.

You woke up in an empty bed in an empty tower. You spot a note on the table while you remove the sleep from your eyes. You snatch it from the table, only to see a scribbly handwriting.

Hello darling,
You were sleeping so peacefully I decided to let you sleep. I'll see you at the match!

Xx
Love you
O.W.

You smiled when your eyes reread the message over and over again. One glance at the clock made you jump up. It was near game time, so you hurried to dress yourself.
     You didn't bother to check upon the robes. Once you were done, you made your way out of the Gryffindor Tower — heading towards the Quidditch fields.
     You squirm yourself through the crowd to make it to your friend.

"Finally!" Victoria yells, "where were you?!" "I overslept!" you yell. "You had a very nice night with Wood, I assume?" she jokes. "I was not bad," you smirk.
     "Y/N!" Victoria starts yelling again. "What?!" "We are Slytherin!" she yells. "I know!" you yell confused. "Don't you notice?" she yells. "What?!" "You are wearing a Gryffindor robe!"
     You immediately check the emblem on the robe and spot the red lion. Your mouth opened in disbelief and you pinched the bridge of your nose. "Bloody hell!" You look up to see Oliver looking at you.
     Once your gazes cross, Oliver smirks and raises an eyebrow.

"I'm going to kill him."