V. George Weasley

The One with the Explosion

"Guys, a Gryffindor repeatedly reports that the lighting has been struck," Kingsley Shacklebolt says relieved. "So, then it's our turn to show up," Remus says, claps in his hands while getting up. "Alright, let's go!" Tonks says excitedly.
You look at George with a smile, "we have just finished our seventh year, now we have to go back." George grins, "yeah, it's just less fun, now the dungeon bat has become headmaster."

The Order apparates in front of the school, waiting for your cue. The doors of the Great Hall are closed. It's completely silent in the rest of the school. Every living soul, except Filch, is in the Great Hall.
     Meanwhile, Harry has appeared in front of Snape. "It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies. You still have a bit of security problems, Headmaster," Harry says and the doors of the Great Hall opens. Revealing you and the Order.
Harry speaks sternly to Snape. "How dare you stand where he stood, a man who trusted you? Tell them how it happened that night, tell them how you looked him in the eyes and killed him!" He ended up yelling. "A man who trusted you and killed him," he yells full of anger.

Severus draws his wand, pointing at Harry. The students are getting out of the way and Minerva pushes Harry aside. She is facing Severus with her drawn wand.
     She makes the first moves, which for Severus means he has to block. The flames burst out of Minerva's wand, which gives her more confidence.
Nobody has noticed that Severus eliminated the two Death Eaters behind him. He apparates - in some sort of vague black smoke (?) - out of the Greats Hall through the windows. "Coward!"

Minerva enlightens the fire beacons, causing everyone to cheer. Harry suddenly collapses half on the floor, hearing noises. Screams were heard from several students.
     "I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour," You-Know-Who speaks.
     After a long silence, Pansy Parkinson - a Slytherin - is the first one who speaks up. "What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Ginny, Hermione, you and the others walk up to protect Harry.

"Students out of bed! STUDENTS OUT OF BED! STUDENTS IN THE CORRIDOR!" Argus Filch came in running with Ms. Norris in his arms. "They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" Minerva snaps, which makes you chuckle slightly. "Oh. Sorry, ma'am," he apologized.
     "As it happens, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you, please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the Hall!" Minerva points her wand to the exit of the Hall. "Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to, ma'am?"

"The dungeons will do."

Minerva has sent you and the Order to protect the Castle from the highest floor. You and your twin brother are standing on the balcony, enjoying the silence. "The silence before the storm," you sigh. "Yeah, it will be a crazy night."

"Let me get this straight, Professor," he grabs her arm, "You're actually giving us permission to do this?" Neville asks to be sure, he doesn't believe his ears. "That is correct, Longbottom," she says walking down the stairs.
     "To blow it up? Boom?" Neville asks full of excitement. "BOOM!" Minerva says, still not looking at Neville. Neville laughs excited, "Wicked. But how on earth are we gonna do that?"
     "Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics," Minerva says, which makes Seamus nod. "I can bring her down," he grins. "That's the spirit. Off you go."

"Piertotum Locomotor!"

Stone guardians are jumping out of the air, landing in front of Minerva. They make their way to all possible exits.
     "Hogwarts is threatened! Man the boundaries, protect us! Do your duty to our school!" Minerva shouts to the guardians.
     She cocks her head aside, to Molly. "I've always wanted to use that spell," she says with satisfaction, causing Molly to look at her with an 'are you serious?' look.

''Protego Maxima! Fianto Duri! Repello Inimicum!'' Filius says, pointing his wand skyward. Molly does the same, just like all the other teachers. Creating a massive shield around the school.
You and George are watching how the Shield is created by the wizards. ''You okay, Y/N?'' asks George a bit nervous by now. ''Yeah,'' you say as nervous as your brother. He bumps you softly with his elbow, causing to look at him. He smiles and says; ''me too.'' You lay your head on his shoulder.
''Do you remember when we caught Harry? In his invisibility cloak?'' you say chuckling. ''Clever, Harry,'' George says. ''But not clever enough,'' you finish laughing.
     "Or remember when mom said that every member - of the family - was a prefect," you chuckle. "What are Y/N and I? Next-door-neighbours?" George laughs. "Ron, how could he be a prefect? Hermione, of course. But Ron?"
"The Quidditch World Cup?" you bring up. "It was fun until the Death Eaters had decided to show up," George scoffs. "Feet off the table," you imitate your father, Arthur Weasley. ''Or when Ron was head over heels about Viktor Krum.''

''George? What if one of us dies?'' you say, which changes the mood. ''Y/N, I cannot promise we will not be harmed, but I assure you that I'll look out for you,'' George says, grabbing your hands.
''You sound like you're my older brother, but you're only 8 minutes older,'' you smirk. ''Well, the best 8 minutes of my life,'' he laughs, punching you softly. ''Why thank you, brother,'' you scoff playfully.
Suddenly you hear several sounds. Your gaze shot to the shield, which has disappeared. The Battle of Hogwarts has officially begun. ''Here we go, Georgie,'' you say, drawing your wand.

Hogwarts is partly destroyed and on fire, many death eaters are killing people mercilessly.
     You are fighting, only not on the highest floor. People needed you near the Room of Requirement. "Are you proud of this!" you yell while firing spells at the Death Eater. He laughs evilly, "serving the Lord is all I do."
     Walls were breaking because of explosions, which caught your attention. You jump aside, falling onto the floor. You reach for you wand, but you can't reach it. The Death Eater laughs again. "How pathetic," he snarls.
     "This is how you end," he smirks. "OH NO, YOU DON'T, SONNY!" George yells and kills the Death Eater. A huge sigh of relief left your mouth.

George caught you in his arms, not letting you go. "George," you say, causing him to let go. "Yes?" he asks curiously. Before you could say anything, another explosion happened. You and George are blown away. George got up, but you didn't.
     "Y/N? Are you okay?" George asks, sprinting over to you. You don't answer. "Y/N?! Y/N, you have to wake up. Y/N, please," George yelps with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Don't leave me," he sobs. "Please, I need you to wake up."

Extended Scene

George carries your body to the Great Hall, tears still streaming down his face. Ginny screams when she sees who George is carrying. "Y/N! No!" Molly screams, running over to George.
     George carefully lays you down. Arthur just arrived in the Great Hall, jogging up to Molly. His face went pale when he saw you lying there. "No," he stammers, "how... how did this happen?"
     "She was attacked by a Death Eater and I had saved her. But another explosion happened," George says with a trembling voice, "we were sent back and it became her death."
     That's the moment George broke down again.

Your three older brothers are devastated. They cannot believe you're dead, and they will not believe it.
     Ron, Hermione, and Harry arrived in the Great Hall. Ron sees his family, surrounding something. Ron ran to them. George saw him and hugged him, crying over his shoulder.
     Ron kneels down next to you, cupping your face. Molly sat next to you, stroking your hair and Ron's hair. George stood there, crying, not believing that he lost you.

George came to you - when everyone was away - and sat next to you. "Mischief Managed," he sobs and kisses your forehead.
He gets onto his feet, leaving the Great Hall. He looked at you, before he went outside.