XXXIII. Tom Riddle

The One with the Dance

After many dance classes, the Christmas Ball was just around the corner. Professor McGonagall had worked to this specific moment.
I was observing myself in the mirror while I had my dress on. "You look stunning!" Myrtle screeches. I turned around and smiled humbly, "you think?" "Yes! Why worry anyways?" she asks as she sits down on her bed.
"I don't know," I sigh. I know goddamn well why I was worried. There would be this one specific boy, attending as well. Not because he wanted to, no because he acquired to.

"Where is your dress?" I asked, changing subject. Myrtle rises on her feet, "that is a good question." She wanders off, out of the dormitory. I chuckle softly, knowing Myrtle can be ... day dreaming.

As it was almost time, I made my way to the Great Hall. As I only need to go down the great stairs, I saw Tom's friends. Tom glances over his shoulder, as if he can feel my presence.
He stares at me for moments before he finally looks away. I hadn't only caught Tom's attention, but also my Gryffindor friends' attention. "Looking good!" Sirius whistled.
As a crimson red blush crept up my neck, I walked down the stairs. As soon as I stood next to Sirius, I punched him on the shoulder. "Will you never do that again," I hiss, "you embarrassed me."
"But you look stunning." "I agree." Another voice joins the conversation. I look my right, only to see one of Tom's friends. Tiernan Lestrange. He flashes a smile as he holds out his hand. "May I have the honour to have this first dance?" he questions while Sirius mocks his question.
     "Sure," I scoff amused and lay my hand in his.

His fingers intertwine with mine as my arm rests on his. We entered the Great Hall as if we were a couple. I saw Tom's expression harden as soon as we passed him.
Tiernan and I had entered the dance floor. He laid his right hand on my waist, whilst I laid my left hand on his shoulder. He slowly began to lead the dance.
I had to admit, Tom was a better dancer than Tiernan was. I looked in his eyes the entire time, not looking away once. I know Tiernan has fallen for me, but I couldn't feel what he felt. Not with him.

I lost track of time while we danced. What I didn't know, was that someone had been watching. Tom Riddle had been watching the two dance. He had been watching how the two look at each other.
     Tiernan had told how he felt about them. How madly in love he is with them. Yet, Tom always thought they weren't interested in him. He is proved right when he saw Tiernan trying to kiss them. But they turned away.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, finally letting go of him. I left the dance floor, leaving him heart-broken. I honestly felt bad but I couldn't just let him kiss me, right?

I saw my friends sitting near the food and chuckled as I joined them. "Did he really try to kiss you?" James asks, knowing he doesn't stand a chance. I nod, "I kinda felt bad though." "Why?" Sirius asks. "Getting rejected during a dance, middle of the dance floor ... yeah." The boys nod as they understand.
     My eyes search through the crowd, hoping to find that one person. But no. My eyes failed to recognise him in the crowd. Which meant he must have left. It makes my heart drop a little.
"Imma get some air," I said, hoping they wouldn't follow me. They all nodded, which meant they weren't.

Tom walks down the stairs, only to see someone leaving the Great Hall. He looks a little closer to see it's them. He decides to follow their footsteps. Tom follows them to a balcony, where the music is still hearable.

''Needing an escape from Lestrange?'' Tom mocks as he stands next to them on the balcony. I glanced aside to see my dance partner. ''No,'' I reply shortly, ''Tiernan and I are nothing and we never will be.'' Tom raises his eyebrow, his expression gives away is surprised.

''You don't have your eye on him, do you?'' Tom asks gently, turning his body to fully face me, "and that when he tried to kiss you." ''I don't,'' I reply, copying his movement.

Tom reaches out his hand, waiting for me to accept his dance. ''Can I have this dance with you?'' I send him a small smile as I gracefully lay my hand in his. Tom feels the familiar soft shock as he starts to lead the dance.

I don't look Tom in the eyes, afraid of what I might feel ''Look at me,'' Tom whispers gently. I glance up to this brown eyes as Tom locks his eyes with mine.

The whole dance, Tom keeps his eyes fixed in mine. I make a pirouette and look at him again. It is officially confirmed for me, I have fallen for Tom Riddle

The unexpected movement was Tom dipping me. As he pulls me back onto my feet, he holds me closer. Closer than ever. Closest we have ever been. His left hand is still holding mine while his right hand lays on my back, pulling me close.

''What are you doing to me,'' he whispers. His eyes shortly travel from my eyes to my lips and back. He then closes the gap between them. I let go of his hand, only to cup his cheek. His lips are way softer than I imagined. Tom finally pulls back and rests his forehead against mine.

''What spell did you put me under,'' he whispers. "I did not but you are mine and mine alone," I whisper and press my lips on his once again. Tom lets out a dark chuckle, "that's my line."

After that, I grew cold. Tom gave me his jacket and offered to return to the Great Hall but I refused. "Slytherin common room?" Tom then suggests, to which I agree.

Once in his prefect dormitory, Tom had given me his hoodie. It was a dark green hoodie with a serpent on the back. Plus his surname.
He helped me undress me and I pulled his hoodie over my head. Once my head popped out, I noticed he was staring at me. "Never seen a naked woman's body?" That question seemed to make him shy. "Maybe."
I walk up to him, only to press my lips on his again. This time, it felt different. More heated than the kiss we shared outside. "Let's explore then, shall we?" Tom whispers in my ear.