X. Luna Lovegood

The One with the Christmas Ball

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Professor Dumbledore organises a Christmas Ball, this Saturday. It's a Ball for everyone, by that I mean - everyone.
You and some friends are going too - just to have fun with each other. It starts with dinner and after that the party breaks loose.

That night, you sit on your bed - with a certain black diary resting on your lap.
The reason why you have it? No idea, you found stuffed between your books. The first time was quite a shock. Your writing had disappeared.
𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘 𝚈/𝙽,
𝙼𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚖 𝚁𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎
That's the moment you met Tom Riddle, heir of Salazar Slytherin.

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑇𝑜𝑚,
𝑇𝘩𝑒 𝐶𝘩𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠 𝐵𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑝.

You write, seeing it disappear. After a few seconds, you see a new text. Written by him.

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. 𝚃𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

You smiled. Since you met him, he has been nice to you. It feels nice to feel loved - after all this time.

𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘.

He made you curious. 'Perhaps there's an opportunity to see you, if you want to,' his words repeated. You do want to see him.

𝑇𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡.

Then he explained the whole plan. You did have a little hesitation about leaving the party that early. Yet, you agreed to his plan.
To finally meet Tom Riddle.

The next morning, during breakfast you look at Luna, while she has focused her gaze on her book she is reading. You just watched her, almost adoring her.
Luna became a close friend of yours, even she is in Ravenclaw and you in Slytherin. You did most things together, even just hanging out - to enjoy each other's presence.
In a short time, she means much to you. Your heartbeat increased - every time she was in your presence. She makes you feel relaxed and makes you laugh.

The Ball started at 6PM, which meant the Great Hall was open at 5.30PM.
You walk down the stairs, feeling some nerves. Not about the Ball, more about Riddle's plan.
You join your friends - admiring their dresses and hair. When you see Luna, you smile automatically - although you didn't know why. You enter the Great Hall, admiring the decorations.
Everyone was free to choose where to sit. It happened that you sat across Luna - you didn't mind though. Every time you look straight forward - you see that cute face of hers.

During dinner you laughed many times. You had fun, you tried to ignore the noises from the snake.
After dinner, Professor Dumbledore flicked with his wand - causing the tables to fly against the wall. The party can begin. Everyone entered the dance floor, starting with a classic waltz song.
Music has been played. You danced with your friends - danced? More awkwardly moving. You looked at Luna, who is looking as lovely as ever.
Then reality struck you, you can't be together. You are just as alone and you will always be. Your mood decreases, wanting to leave the party.

Which you did. You left the Great Hall, hoping no one would notice your absence. Someone did notice and followed you.
You went to your dorm - changing into your school uniform. Which were black ripped jeans with a white blouse and your green tie.
You followed the instructions - Tom gave you - very carefully. Your ended up in a lavatory - seeing the snake-engraved sink tap.
'𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚎-𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚊𝚙 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚛 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜' 𝙻𝚊𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢.'
The snake twisted, causing a passage to open. You entered the passage and the person - who followed you - entered the passage a few minutes later.

"You made it," you hear a voice from behind. You turn around to see handsome boy. You smiled, "you must be Riddle."
The boy nods and walks over to you. He looks at you like if you are a mystery to discover. A smile graces his lips when he notices the house emblem.
"Salazar Slytherin," he smirks. "I'm honoured to serve this house as my own," you say looking at Tom when he is walking around you.

"You have suffered," he says after a moment of silence. "Yes, I did," you answer with a blank expression.
"Your parents abandoned you," he says looking you in the eyes. "Yes, I grew up in an orphanage," you say. "Then we do have something in common," he answers smirking which sends shivers down you spine.
"You know, those scars you have - on your wrists. It feels good, right? To see and smell the blood from the wound. It must be satisfying," Tom says fascinated. "It is," you give in, "and just a way to escape reality."
"Life wasn't kind to us, Y/N," he answers - rage building up. You see how he clenched his jaw and fists. Noticing that he's actually quite handsome - even more when he's angry.

"You know. Y/N. You seem a extraordinary girl, but only I can live forever," Tom says calmly. "What do you mean?" you ask confused.
"Not a single human being - who entered this chamber - came back to tell the tale," his voice grew cold.
The person who followed you - none other than Luna Lovegood - froze in her place. 'He's going to kill her,' she thinks, screeching.

That single noise caught Tom's attention. "Two for one price," Tom smirked mischievously, "show yourself!"
A wave of shock and panic invaded your body. "Luna! Bloody hell! What are you doing here?" you yell. "So, this is her?" Tom mocks, "the girl you have a crush on?"
Your cheeks grew red, avoiding Luna's gaze. "Well, it might be your lucky day. You can live and the Ravenclaw girl dies," he sounds far too amused.

"You wouldn't kill a fellow Slytherin, would you?" you say building up confidence. "That's why the Ravenclaw girl dies," he replies simply - already raising his wand.
"Avada Kedrava." the green light went for the Ravenclaw girl. You pushed Luna aside - causing the curse struck into you. You were send back, not moving ever again.
"No!" Luna screams. "Foolish girl," Tom mumbles - who just killed a fellow house member. Luna sprints over to your lifeless body. "Why!"

"That's a pity, she seems a extraordinary girl," Tom mocks. "She is!" Luna yells. "Does someone care about this one?" Tom asks smirking. "Of course I do!"
"She had a crush on you," Tom says and disappears - leaving Luna with questions which never will be answered.

"Please. Someone, help me!" Luna started to cry. She looks at your pale face, closing your eyes. 'Now, it looks like you're asleep,' she manages a little smile through her eyes.

"I'll never forget you, Y/N L/N. You have a place in my heart," Luna whispers and kisses your forehead.