XXII. Harry Potter

The One with the Hardest Decision

[ Request by Medusa206 ]

I want her to be safe and happy. The safest place I know is Hogwarts, James' voice echoed through Albus' mind as he watched you. Albus had treated you as one of his own with the professors as fairy godmothers and fathers. You were only five and you had captured every heart in the Professors dormitory.  
     You sat near the fire with a book in front of your nose. ''Typical Vesper,'' Albus' whispers to Minerva, who is watching you. A smile plays on her small lips, ''yes. She will be the brightest witch of her time as soon as she is in Hogwarts as a student.''
     ''W-wing... W-wingardium... W-wingardium L-levi... L-leviosa,'' you try – causing every Professor to look around. ''Wingardium Leviosa,'' you say and the book in front of you levitates. Your gaze is fixed on the book and everyone gasped in delight. ''Well done, Y/N,'' Filius cheers happily, ''well done.'' Minerva and Albus are eyeing each other – showing their pride. The two had most charge over you and raised you like a lady.

You were an extraordinary witch; they could already tell. You didn't need a wand to cast charms or spells. You had proven that you didn't need a wand to cast one of the most difficult spells. You had read a lot about them and wanted to try them.
     ''Expecto Patronum!'' you say, and a silvery vapour arises from your hand, but it hasn't an animal form. Every Professor was watching you with widen eyes. Minerva was watching Albus with widening eyes, ''how.'' She had whispered. ''She is an extraordinary witch, just like Vesper,'' Albus whispers calmly.
     ''Expecto Patronum!'' you say and again, a silvery vapour arises from the palm of your hand. Every Professor in the room sees a small owl and immediately thinks of Vesper Hamilton. ''She has the Patronus of her mother's animagus,'' Hagrid cries. Filius and Pomona needed to pink away a tear. Vesper was still in their minds and her death was tragic, but they were gifted with her daughter. Even Severus had a hard time when his thoughts wandered to Vesper Hamilton. She was the sunshine of Gryffindor and she was always kind to him. She didn't treat anybody different.
     ''We are lucky to have Y/N Hamilton,'' Severus whispers, ''now, Vesper has passed. Her thinking and brains are passed onto Y/N.'' ''Beautiful words, Severus,'' Minerva says – laying her hand on his shoulder. Severus glances over his shoulder and sends her a small smile. ''She has her eyes,'' Albus comments.

On your eleventh birthday, you had received your Hogwarts letter. It was time for you to become one of the students. You didn't need to go with the Hogwarts Express, because Hogwarts was your home.
     ''Y/N, come,'' Minerva says – extending her hand. You accept her hand and both walk to the entrance of the castle. ''Mother?'' you ask. Minerva cracks a smile on her face as she hears you saying mother to her, ''yes, sunshine?'' ''What happened to my parents?'' Minerva's expression drops and squads down to your eye level – laying her hand on your shoulder.
     ''Y/N, I don't know how to say this. You are an extraordinary witch, but you are too young to know. When you are older, Albus or I will tell you everything. I promise,'' she says in a sweet tone. You were a little disappointed, but you understood the reason. You nod and give her a small smile.

''Firs' years, Professor McGonagall. You all alrigh', Y/N?'' Hagrid beams and you smile and nod. You hung out with Hagrid in his cabin – learning about magical creatures. You had taken a preference of Nifflers.
     Professor McGonagall held her speech over the different houses and led you to the Great Hall, which you had seen plenty times before. Its beauty amazes you every time. The first years were standing in a row while Professor McGonagall read the names.
     ''Hamilton, Y/N,'' she calls, and you walk forwards. She places the Hat on your head, and it doesn't need time to think. ''GRYFFINDOR!'' All Professors clap and aren't surprised that you are a Gryffindor. After dinner, Hagrid had asked you to come over. He had a present for you.
     ''This little brown owl is yours,'' he says – showing the little brown owl. ''I'm calling her Vesper,'' you smile, ''she is beautiful.'' And that's how your first years as a Gryffindor began. You were the favourite student of all Professors and you were pretty close to them too.