XVII. Sirius Black

The One with the Godfather

Y/N Lupin attends Hogwarts as a proud fifth year Eagle. Your father will be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts, now Professor Smallheart has retired. You obviously knew about your father's problem and kept him in your view. You knew when the next full moon was and ensured him to take his potion.

"I'll come to you right after I'm done, okay?" you ensure your father. He smiles weakly, "don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm so proud of you, you know that, right?" Those words always succeeded to make you blush, "of course I know that, I'm also very proud of you and I love you."
You left the compartment and walked to the very front of the express. Your father was even more proud when you showed him the prefect button. "Welcome, new prefects."

After the first meeting, you return to your father's compartment. You also spot three younger students. Six eyes fixed on you and you sent smile, "hello, I'm Y/N Lupin. Do you mind if I join?" Hermione and Harry looked rather uncomfortable while Ron was about to shriek.
''You're Y/N Lupin!'' Ron gasps with widening eyes. Hermione and Harry turn towards his friend with questioning marks. ''Hello, Ron,'' you smile warmly. ''Fred has told us all about you. You are the only subject he talks about!'' Ron beams. A blush reaches your cheeks, I hope father didn't hear that.
Hermione's mind races and figures out that you must be prefect, which explains your late arrival. Fred is in fifth year, the same year as you. She smiles satisfied as she has solved the little mystery. ''I'm sorry for barging in, I promised my father I would be joining him.'' You smile and glance at the hidden sleeping figure of your father.

''You must be Hermione, it's a shame you aren't in my house,'' you say, smiling to her. She blushes, ''why would you think that? The hat had to think twice but placed me in Gryffindor.'' ''You have a smart mind, you already figured how I am related to Fred.'' You send her a smirk and turn to The Boy Who Lived
"Harry Potter," you chuckle and glance at your father. "My father has been very well-friended with your father, James Potter. He was one of my father's best friends," you comment. Harry's eyes widen, "he was friends with my father?" You nod, ''he was one of the well-known Marauders.''
''I assume your father is the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor? I've never seen him before,'' Hermione comments. You smirk, ''clever girl. Now I really want you in my house. But yes, Professor Lupin is the new Defence teacher.''

Suddenly, the express had stopped. You scowl, "we are not there yet." "G-guys," Ron stammers as he watches the window. Ice had covered the window and the door of the compartment opened. A long slender hand clutches itself at the door, followed by a hovering creature with a dark hood.
You suddenly feel unhappy and empty. The next moment you clutch your hands to your head when you hear a woman screaming. Your father, who laid underneath a blanket, jumped up and waved with his wand. His incorporeal Patronus scared away the hooded creature.

As Hermione and Ron cared for Harry, your father turned to you. "Are you okay?" He asks, his hands holding your face. He notices the anxiety in your eyes, "I heard her screaming." Remus' heart sank, "it's okay. It's over now. I'm here, I'm here.''
"Here, you will feel better," he says, handing everyone a piece of chocolate. You manage to produce a chuckle, your father and chocolate are like Winnie-the-Pooh and his honey. ''I'll search through the express. Eat, you will feel better.'' With that said, he left the compartment.
''Are you guys okay?'' you ask automatically. Hermione and Ron nodded, but Harry looked paler than before. ''I heard a woman screaming,'' Harry breathes heavily. ''Harry, no one screamed,'' Hermione claims. You decided to keep your mouth shut. ''Eat the chocolate, you will feel better,'' you say, quoting your father.

The headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, held a serious speech about the dementors and the escape of prisoner Sirius Black. Your eyes widen and you had eyed your father, who made eye contact with you. Sirius Black, but that was father's best friend.
You had done your prefect job by leading the first years to the Ravenclaw Tower. After that, you went to the astronomy tower to meet your father. "So, Black has escaped," you say, not knowing what to think.
Remus sighs, "look, Sirius is my best friend and I know he is innocent. It was Wormtail who had betrayed the Potters." You watched the stars while thinking, you had known Sirius when you were younger. Yet, you couldn't quite remember.