XIV. Hermione Granger

The One with the Letters

You sit in the common room - all alone - finishing your homework for Potions when you hear a screeching noise. A beautiful owl appeared in front of you, parted by the window.
     You open the window to receive a letter. "Thank you, little one," you sooth. The owl screeches happily and flies back to where it came from.

Dear
Y/N L/N,

God, I don't know why I'm writing you this letter. I just want it off chest, I guess. I've been bottling them up for - God may know - how long.

I like you. As in having a crush on you. Yes, I have a crush on you, Y/N L/N fifth year Ravenclaw.

I have never felt this way around someone and the way you make me feel when you're around makes me crazy. These feelings... I think I could just explode when you are around me.

I wanted to let you know, as I said before, to get it off my chest.

Goodnight!

Love,
Your Secret Admirer.

Stunned. You read the letter over and over again; someone likes you? You couldn't suppress a smile, reading that someone has a crush on you.
     You stuffed your books away, getting ready for bed. The secret admirer didn't leave your head for the next few hours and kept you awake. 'Who could it be?' That was the question, of course.

A few days later, you had decided to write back. Maybe Skye can find your secret admirer, who knows?
     You fold the parchment, "Skye, will you take this to my secret admirer? Thank you, sweetheart," you thank your owl.

Dear
Secret Admirer,

I'm flattered, I really am. I don't have the right words to describe that someone has a crush on me. Most people think Ravenclaw students are a pain in ass, as they start deducting..

I am sorry that I make you feel like that. I also have respect for you, to write this letter to me and to stay so calm around me.

May I ask you then, are we in the same house? Do we have classes together?

Your sincerely,
Y/N

"Sanne! Come here, I need to tell you something important!" you whisper yell. You lead her to the girl dormitory. "Silencio," you cast the charm. Sanne sat - across you - on your bed. "What is it? What's wrong?" she sounds concerned.
     You grabbed the letter, showing it to her. "Don't. Laugh," you assure her. She - also - rereads the letter many times. "I - er - I don't know what to say," she finally answers.
     "You don't have any idea who it could be, do you?" you try. Sanne shakes her head, "no, I'm sorry." With that, you hear the exact same screech as before.

You get up to open the window, seeing your beautiful owl again. "Skye did find the person," you whisper to Skye, who screeches happily. "Thanks, Little One."
     You sit back on the bed - with a letter. "I kinda have written the person back," you chuckle nervously. "And the person wrote back?" You nod, showing you the Hogwarts seal.

Dear Y/N,

Merlins beard! You actually read it and wrote back...! I thought you would never read it, or something... My apologies.

Don't feel sorry, you didn't do anything. It's me, I feel special when I'm around you. Nobody has ever succeeded to feel me like that.

We are not in the same house, but we do have some classes together.

Love,
Your Secret Admirer

Sanne was smiling like an idiot. "This's amazing, right?" she exclaims, "write back!"

Dear Secret Admirer,

We are not in the same house, huh? Okay, but that means you have to smart to have a crush on a Ravenclaw... right?

May I ask what kind of classes? Because I really want to know who you are. Again, I have respect for your braveness... Are you a Gryffindor? You are, aren't you?

I would be thrilled to hear from you again

Yours sincerely,
Y/N

Skye went on her quest to find the admirer and waited for a letter to give back, yet it took a long while. You started to worry that you'd said something wrong.
     "Did I say something wrong?" you ask while walking back and forth. "No, you didn't. You just did the deduction, like every Ravenclaw does."
     Just when you wanted to reply, the familiar screech is heard. You turn around sharply to see Skye.

Dear Y/N,

I already knew it wouldn't take long for you to guess my house, yet I'm thrilled. Yes, I'm a Gryffindor. And I'm thrilled, because you are almost able to deduct about who I am.

I really want you to know, but I'm afraid you'll reject me. I think that's the fear of everyone having a crush..

My apologies for the late response. The teachers are giving me a bunch of homework. More than others.

Well wishes and see you tomorrow.
Goodnight.

Love,
SA

"See you tomorrow," you mumble. "Sanne, what kind of classes do we have tomorrow?" you ask. Sanne tells you the classes and which ones are with Gryffindor.
     "I... I think I know." A smart Gryffindor who has chosen many subjects. More than anyone would ever take. Someone who would have been placed in Ravenclaw if not Gryffindor.

During Herbology, professor Sprout had made couples to work with. You are placed next to the famous smart Hermione Granger. You grin at her while she blushes. You two are the favourites of professor Sprout, no wonder why she would set you up.
     "Can I talk to you after this class?" you whisper near her ear. She stiffens as she feels your breath fanning against hers. "S...sure." "Meet me in the library at 2." with that, you continued your work with a reddened Hermione. She knows, doesn't she?

Hermione took off quickly after class and you had to admit, you began to feel nervous. It's not about being lesbian or something, just... just their reaction and all...
     You walked to the library with your nose stuck in a book. You glance up to see Hermione - sitting at a table. You take a seat across her, which makes her look up.

"Hey," you say. "Hello," she says - blushing slightly. "I know," you say with a sweet smile. Hermione pales, waiting for the rest. "And what you did, was really cute. Sending all those letters." Hermione turns crimson and hides her face in her hands.
     You remove her hands with yours, "do not hide such a pretty face, Hermione." Only because her face couldn't go any redder, she chuckled. "That's a huge relief already, knowing that my crush knows I like her. But what... what does she think of me?"

You hold her hands and check her pulse; elevated. "I think you are very very smart, a pity you are not in Ravenclaw. You're sweet, funny, a nerd, like me. And I like that. I like you."
     That gave Hermione the widest smile she ever had. "Bloody hell," she whispers. "Watch your language lady," you joke, which makes her chuckles once again.