IV. Albus Dumbledore

The One with the Secret Feelings

When you finally got your letter to attend the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft of Wizardry, written by your mother, you were really happy. During summer break, your mother had told you so many stories about the magical school.
     Now, your time has come to experience your mother's stories.

You stood in front of the gates of the Great Hall, waiting to make an entrance. Your mother spotted you and smiled slightly. The gates opened, your cue to walk.
     ''Ms. McGonagall!'' Professor McGonagall calls, causing everyone to look up. She puts the Sorter Hat on your head and it immediately starts to ramble. ''Ah, another McGonagall. Yeah, I had to think five and a half minutes to decide which house she belonged to, which made her a hatstall,'' it rambles.     
     ''You also have an amazing set of brains. Bravery I see too, you already know how to fly, huh?'' Professor McGonagall has to try her best not to laugh.

     ''Alright, also this McGonagall belongs to ... GRYFFINDOR!'' the Head shouts. Everyone claps and you walk to the lion's table. ''Hi, I'm Charlie,'' a red-haired boy introduces. ''Hi, I'm Y/N McGonagall,'' you smile and shakes his hand.

You sit in the common room, doing your homework for Potions when you hear a certain ticking noise (it is kinda catchy ;p). You turn your attention from the book to the window, spotting a beautiful owl. You open the window, letting the owl inside. "Come in, little friend. It's cold outside," you greet the little creature by petting it softly. She makes soft screeches of gratefulness. It's winter after all.
     She tilts her paw, showing you a little parchment. You carefully took it off her paw. ''Thank you, you may go back to your owner,'' you whisper. The owl gave you a goodbye screech and flew back where she came from. You open the parchment;

Dear Ms. McGonagall,

Are you free this upcoming hour? Perhaps you could stop by my office to have a cup of tea.
A sapient Gargoyle is guarding the entrance of my office. Speak 'Sherbet Lemon' and the Gargoyle gives you access to my office.

I look forward to speaking to you with a nice cup of tea.

Yours sincerely,
Albus Dumbledore

You gather all your papers and books and tide them up in your bag. You walk from the seventh floor to the second floor. You noticed the Gargoyle, which Professor Dumbledore had mentioned.
     ''Sherbet Lemon,'' you say. The gargoyle steps aside to reveal a staircase. Once you have walked all your way up, you see a beautiful wooden door. You were about to knock when something held your back. ''Come in, Ms. McGonagall,'' a sudden voice speaks. You were a bit surprised when you opened the door. Professor Dumbledore looks at you with a kind smile. "Professor, how did you know it was me?'' you ask curiously.
     He laughs quietly and walks his way to you. ''I know how other teachers enter this room and I have been expecting you. Sherbet Lemon?'' he says and holds a bowl with yellow candies. ''Uh, sure. Thank you,'' you say while picking one candy out of the bowl.

You look around the room, admiring its beauty. ''Have a seat,'' he says gently, pointing at the chair. ''You have a beautiful room, Professor,'' you say while taking a seat. With a simple swing of his wand, he makes two cups of tea. ''Thank you,'' he smiles and sits on the edge of his desk.

     ''You are quite a flyer, aren't you?'' he asks with a little smile. The question makes you smile too, ''yeah, what can I say? For nine years, I think? From the very start - I have it from my mother. She had taught me how to fly at a very young age. My grandma didn't approve, but it never went wrong.'' Professor Dumbledore laughs, ''your mother can be stubborn here and there. Just like you.''