Chapter 33

A/N:

AHHHHHHHHH FREAKING OUT!!!!!

1.84K?! AM I SEEING THINGS ORRRRRRR???????

Thanks :-) [yea im like fetus luke hemmings, i like putting noses on my smiley faces]

So whats up? The sky hahaha. 

Sorry guys, just nervous that people actually read what I write on here....

XCalamari

---------------------------------

Still in Jessie POV

I hadn't slept a minute last night. I was on my couch tugging on my sweater...

The sweater was grey and two sizes big for me. It was a old-ish sweater but Mel had a matching one...

I sneeze and wipe my nose with a tissue from the tissue box next to me.

I grabbed the romote and changed the channel. I had no idea what I was watching or what was going on, the noise from the tv just calmed me down. It kind of made me feel that I wasnt alone...

I check my phone again. No messages or calls. Cassie had called me an hour ago saying she wanted some research done on Northwest. I had already finished it. I sigh as I go through my contacts.

Nate the great

I call him but it sends me straight to voicemail. I fidget a little, I should've been there for him. I let another tear slide down my cheek. We had made a pact, us three, Nate, Mel, and I...

I was visiting Mel and Nate. It was a week after we had left Sydney. I found Mel and Nate snuggled up in a blanket and I smiled as I brought them their subway. Mel was crying over how her sister had chosen over spending time with her boyfriend than to help Mel out.

"Jessie promise me you'll never leave me for anyone else." She said as she sniffled. She wasn't dating Nate yet.

"I promise but unless its family." I said remembering my family back in Sydney.

"And if its me too!" Nate said chuckling as he was hugging Mel. She giggles a little.

"Fine. We wont ever leave for anyone else, for no one!" I said in a mocking laugh.

"For no one." Nate and Mel giggled. It was pretty obvious they were going to be together. But we hadn't broke it....until now.

I let out a small cry. I hug myself as I lay on my couch. But then a knock on the door interrupted me.

"Who is it? I'm not home!" I yell as I wipe some tears away.

"Jessie open up!" I hear Calum scream.

"What ya doing here?" I ask as I open the door. I put on my best award winning fake smile.

"Jessie are y-you crying?" He said as his voice cracked.

"Yes but you didn't answer my question. What are you doing here?" I said a little stubbornly.

"I'm here cause Ashton sent me. He had some recordings today I got mine tomorrow. He just thought you needed company, and it looks like you do." He said looking at my tear stained face, worried.

"Its fine you can go home. I dont need company. I got me, myself, and I." 

"Well too bad cause im staying." He said smiling as he pushed his way past me and entered my flat.

"Jessie what's with the Dr.Oz show? And the tissues?" He said looking at my living room.

"Mel." I say with my voice cracking.

"Is that the name of your sister?" He said as he took a seat next to me.

"Yea...but her boyfriend, one of my bestfriends isn't answering the phone. And the last time he called was the day after she died and he was drunk. And I have no idea where he is." I rambled on.

"Jessie breathe." He said his eyes widening at his much I had said.

"Sorry."

"So what happened to her?" He asked as he grabbed the tissue box ready for the water works.

"Well we had just discussed some issues..." I said clenching my jaw.

"Nate got a little worked up...and Mel tried to reason with him and Nate lost it. She got angry and left." I sniffle a little.

"After a while I decided to go check up on her and maybe go on a girls day with Cassie..." I started shaking.

"I-I saw the door unlocked...so I barged in when I couldn't hear her...s-she was she was was was..." I stuttered as I let out a cry.

"Its OK Jessie." Calum hugged me as he passed me another tissue.

"She was on the floor...she was bleeding...I called 911." My voice trailed off as I remembered it vividly.

"The doctors said she was shot. They took me for questioning and left Nate at the hospital. That's the last time I saw him...I should've stayed...who knows where he is...and its my fault." I let out a cry. Calum rubs my arms and makes a calming 'shh' voice.

"But what got Nate so worked up?" He asked.

"It was about well...you know about Luke yea?" I saw him clench his jaw but managed to nod.

"Well me and him were a 'thing' and I was just naïve I had no idea what I was getting into...my brother got killed because of me..." I said wiping a tear.

"So me and Nate left since he was involved too. And I heard Mel having a hard time so I decided to call her up and see if she wanted to come." I said smiling at the day she actually agreed to runaway with us.

"But when we saw Luke here, where we decided to permanently stay...Nate lost it." I said letting out a breath of air.

"Your brother got killed?" He said looking like he was trying to keep his anger under control.

"He found out what Luke did...he said he was only doing this to protect me. When he left I heard a gunshot and same my brother by his car...he was bleeding...so much blood....he was shot before he could even start the car. And all I saw was Luke running from my house to the curb where he just left." I said as I suddenly felt the urge to hurt something.

"Three days after he showed up asking for forgiveness...that night I left Sydney." I said trying to be a big girl and not to cry...failed.

"Oh Jessie...that bastard." I laugh at the sound of him cursing.

"Its OK Calum." I said wiping my tears.

"So you're just looking for this Nate?" He said raising an eyebrow. I nod. "Do you have a picture of him?" I nod again and show him the picture on my phone. I smiled at the picture it was of him and Mel looking at each other under a tree in New York.

"Can I send this to myself?" He asked as he grabbed my phone. In a few presses of buttons he showed me what he had on Twitter.

@Calum5SOS : If you see this guy named Nate please tell me. A friend of mine is worried.

I smile.

"Well find him." He said as he called a pizza plaze as if he read my mind.

"I hope so." I say as I snuggle into Calum.