chapter 32

Michael POV

Who the fuck...

Let me rephrase that.

How the fuck does she know about Scar?

My eyes widen as she crosses her arms and gives me a smirk.

"Uh who are you talking about? Scar? Is she someone I should remember?" My heart felt like it got torn apart as soon as I said that.

Michael, she is the love of your life. Stop hiding it. Stop trying to hide her, and start trying to show the world how much you love her!

Yea my own little me, kind of scolded me. I guess I kind of spaced out since when I returned I felt a sting on my cheek. I raised my hand to my cheek.

"You slapped me?" I said raising an eyebrow at her.

"You were in la la land what did you expect me to do?" she said as she let a hand fall to her hip.

"I don't know maybe be like a sane person and just wait."

"I guess I'm not sane. So who is Scar or should I say Princess." She said smirking as she tried to do a imitation of my voice.

My mouth ran dry. I guess its time to let this secret out into the light. My throat felt clogged as if the right words wouldn't come out.

The words I wanted to say: she is my girlfriend.

But I wasn't as outspoken as Ashton. I wasn't as spontaneous as Calum. I wasn't as classic as Luke. I was just Michael...

"She's the love of my life." I said with a small smile. I looked down at the floor.

"Go tell the boys. I can tell you're dying for some gossip." I muttered. I was kind of annoyed someone had to find out this way.

"Michael Gordon fucking Clifford do you really think I'd tell them. Its obvious you want to do this right." She gave me a small smile. She grabbed onto my shoulder. "And I'm going to help."

"Thanks Cass." I said letting out a breath of air that I didn't know I was holding.

"Let's go before they start to worry." She said as as tugged my arm as we went back to the gang.

"Get some Clifford!" I hear Calum woot. I glare at him. This probably looks really bad...

"Shut up Hood!" I yelled back at him as I started running after him. He ran out of Pizza Hut, and so did I. We looked like little kids playing tag...but that's 5sos for ya!

"Children let us go in our chariot!" I hear Ashton yell as soon as I topple Calum on the floor.

"Michael what did you eat this morning!" Calum grunted.

"I ate your sass!" I chuckle as I get up and run over to the cars we came in.

I take one look at Cassie as I get in the car with the lads. Trina, Cassie and Jessie came in their own cars. Well Trina came on her own. Jessie hitched with Cassie. She nods as she smiles at me. I let out a breath.

Now let's see how the guys handle the news about Scar.

Jessie POV

It doesn't take a blind man to see some things up with Cassie and Michael.

I nudge her as Michael and her share a short staring moment before getting in their cars.

"So Mikey huh?" I said trying to stay serious.

"So Ashton huh?" She said smirking at me. Well, well if that's how you want to play Cassie...GAME ON!

"So are you guys a thing?" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"No just friends." I say simply.

"With benefits?" I said suggesting. She gives me a 'are you serious' face.

" Jessica!" She whines. I cross my arms and pout as I look ahead of the road. The boys had already started on their way to their house. Cassie was going to drop me off and...I have no idea where she is going to be.

"Cassie where ya going?" I said looking at her. She tensed but then tried to cover it up.

"Well home."

"With Sykes?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Mhm." She mumbled as she kept her eyes on the road.

"Cassie how does he treat you?" I said knowing there is something she doesnt want to tell me.

"Like every other husband." She said simply. It was obvious this talk was out of topic.

"So how are you dealing with the death of your sister?" I gulped. The weight of guilt crushed me.

How could I be selfish to be out here enjoying myself. She died yesterday and here I am with a boyfriend and friends.

And Nate...

How could I have forgotten about Nate. He is basically my other half. Why am so selfish?

"Sorry I asked." She said as she parked in front of my building.

"See ya later." She smiled.

"Uh Cassie can I take a few days. To ya know...funeral." I muttered as I leave the car.

"Uh sure. But since you'll be missing a few days can you do research on some things that I'll send you daily. Just so Sykes doesn't think youre slacking off." She smiled. I don't smile, I keep my stone hard face and nod. I walk in my flat and throw myself on the couch, crying.

I hear my doorbell ring. I ignore it. Right now I just want to be by myself.

Whoever was at the door is not fucking patient. They kept knocking annoyingly. I get up with a tear stained face and yell.

"Go away! I want to be alone! Can't you just fucking leave!" I yell as a sob comes from my mouth.

They knocked again. This time hell let loose.

"Fine you want to fucking start! Fine I'll answer the fucking door! You better have fucking life insurance!" I yell as I stomp to the the door.

I swing open the door and see no one there. I look left and right and see no one there or any sign anyone was there. I groan. And then I see...

A basket of white daisies.

I grab them confused. But the anger surging through me just wanted to throw them down the stairs.

I take them inside and lock the door. I see a little card sticking out. I wipe my tears as I open the card slowly.

My beautiful pure Jessie.

I love you no matter what you say. No matter who you're with. No matter what I have to do, I will show you no matter what you say.

I will love you until you love yourself xxxxx

I sob even more. Why? Why me?

Why can't Luke just accept the fact that me and him will never happen.

But why can't I accept the fact that I want him more than he wants me.