Chapter 17

"Who is Harold Jenkins," Diego asked again.

Five gulped down the rest of his coffee and threw it across the room. "I don't know...yet."

"But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him," Five continued.

Y/N crossed her arms and was about to make a remark but she heard a shuffling at the end of the room, gaining her attention. She turned her head to see a man with a scraggy face and dull, brown eyes reaching into a display case which held action figures of the Umbrella Academy.

"Excuse me. Who are you and what are you doing in this house," Y/N asked sharply.

The man's breath hitched in his throat as he heard the girl snap and he put his hands behind his back quickly. "I-I'm Vanya's b-boyfriend."

"Vanya's here?"

"Yeah."

"Well, if she's your girlfriend, shouldn't you be with her, not snooping around the house," Y/N raised a brow.

"Uh, yeah. I lost her."

Y/N glanced back at Five and her siblings before looking back at the man who was shifting around uncomfortably.

Her siblings were still having a conversation by the bar about Harold Jenkins and how to find him, so Y/N closed the door leading to that room and halted at the man who claimed to be Vanya's boyfriend.

"Get out. We can't deal with you right now," Y/N snapped, walking away.

The man stared at her before he blinked and played with his fingers.

"Go!"

The man scurried along the halls and through the door making Y/N sigh before she went to lock it.

"What a weirdo," Y/N muttered.

She went back to the bar and she caught bits of the conversation since everyone was talking at once.

"This is crazy," Allison said.

"You know what else is crazy? Me and Y/N look like two 13-year-olds, Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is crazy," Five snapped.

"He's got a point there," Klaus said from the sofa.

"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

Y/N nodded.

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died," said Allison. "Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?"

"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name the man responsible. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire," Five clenched his jaw.

"You really think so?"

"I do. And I'd like to live long enough to meet her."

~~~

Y/N stood in front of police station with an unamused face. Allison has volunteered to go to the library for public records and all of them found out that was a dead end, much to their distaste.

Now, they were at the police station to get more records because Diego claimed he had had sources through the building because he used to work there.

"Okay, let's do this. I can jump in and take it real quick. It'll be five seconds," Five said, already starting to generate energy in his fists.

"No. I'm getting it. I've talked to someone. Professionally. That's how a leader leads," Diego said.

Y/N rolled her eyes as Diego disappeared into the back alley and she leaned on a wall, Five next to her.

"How was the Commission? You think they'll be any more of a problem from here on out," Y/N asked, referring to Hazel and Cha-cha, the Handler, and any other man out to get them.

"Oh, trust me, they'll always be a problem. Even after we set everything up and save the world. They'll always be on our back."

"Hn. That's reassuring."

Five gave her a smirk and was about to say something else until the smirk was wiped off his face and he rubbed his stomach.

Y/N took note of this as she stepped forward and looked down to Five's hand in hesitation.

"Are you okay? I'm sure you didn't leave that death hole without a fight, anyway," Y/N said.

"It's nothing. I'm just craving a sandwich right now," Five said, dismissing his act.

Y/N nodded at his words and stepped back before she saw Allison walking over to them.

"Um, maybe I should call Vanya. We didn't really leave on good terms," Allison said.

"Vanya? Oh. Speaking of her, I met her boyfriend today. He was sneaking around the academy. I didn't get his name though."

"I think it was Leonard Peobody. I met him a few days ago, got the same feeling," Allison mumbled before going to the phone.

She started to leave a voicemail for Vanya and Five crossed his arms, looking around for Diego who proudly waltzed over to them, making sure the file was visible.

"So," Five asked.

He reached for the file but Diego pulled it back. "You're welcome," he said sarcastically.

Y/N scoffed and grabbed the file from behind him and opened it up.

"No way."

Allison grabbed it from her and Y/N looked to Five.

"Harold Jenkins is Vanya's boyfriend!"