Chapter 10

Luther practically threw Five in the bed as he rushed over to Diego's sink and practically hurried his hands in the facet as he rubbed his hand harshly, using half the soap in the container.

Diego rolled his eyes at Luther as he placed Delores on a chair before staring at the mannequin for a minute.

A mannequin?

Looking over to Y/N for an answer, Diego walked away and stood over Five's sleeping body.

"Funny. If I didn't know he was such a person prick, I'd say he looks almost adorable in his sleep."

"Well, don't worry. He'll sober up eventually. Be back to his normal, unpleasant self."

"I can't wait that long! I need to kind out what his connection is with these lunatics before someone else dies," Diego said as he walked to he desk.

"All that stuff he was saying before, what do you think it means," Luther asked, leaning his head on his hand.

Y/N stiffened for a moment at their newfound suspicion before she relaxed and looked over her shoulder to Diego, who had left the room.

A man had came by earlier saying that a woman called for him and said she needed his help. She had also said she had founded his brother and that her name was Patch, making Diego instantly charge out the door, Luther hot on his heels as they rushed to find out what Klaus had gotten into to get himself in trouble.

At first, Diego was hesitant on letting Luther come along with him but he must've figured he didn't have the time and went along with it anyway.

Y/N was now left alone with Five and Delores in Diego's room as she puffed her cheeks with air and exhaled before sitting on the couch and glancing over to Five.

He looked somewhat different when he was asleep, Diego was right. However, that didn't mean Y/N hated him any less. Five was still the little brat Y/N had a hard time trying to keep up with.

Suddenly, Five stirred and he opened an eye, causing Y/N to flinch as she turned her simple gaze into a hard stare.

"Wake up from your beauty sleep?"

Five groaned and lifted his head from the pillow, looking around.

"Where am I?"

"We're at Diego's place. Luther and him found you at the library and brought us here cause the Academy was attacked by Hazel and Cha-Cha," Y/N answered, shifting her weight so her legs folded under her and she leaned in the armrest. "They we're looking for you, again."

Five only stared at the space in front of him with a strained expression before he gave a glare at Y/N.

"Why is it you who always finds out all my secrets?"

Y/N perked up slightly as Five continued.

"Hazel and Cha-cha are some of the top hit men in the place I used to work at. It's called the Commission. And I assure you, it isn't like any other sketchy business out there. The Commission has certain resources, having them be able to travel and time and teleport, just like me. That's why the Handler gave me a visit."

Y/N's eyes widened as she processed the new information entering her brain. "The Handler? What's that?"

"More like a who. Around my last years in the apocalypse, she appeared and offered me a job, said I would be essential to the company. She made a contact saying if I served her a few years of service, she would let me come back home. So I did. An I became her filthy little puppet, doing all the dirty work the Commission needed."

"What exactly do they do?"

"They make sure the timeline goes by plan, eliminating anyone who gets in the way of the timeline."

Y/N's brows scrunched up in confused. What?

"Yeah, it's confusing. I know. They're all after me because I broke off that contract. And there's no way I can brush them off easily, either."

Y/N nodded slowly as she sat back in her seat, folding her hands over her lap.

For the first time in her life...

She was sorry.

~~~

Five had woken up again the next morning and he told Luther everything about the apocalypse and his job.

Diego hadn't came back last night to hear the story but they all agreed on telling him the next time they saw him, leaving the conversation at that.

Now, they were back at the academy.

Five had told Y/N the other day that he was planning on setting up a meeting between himself and the Handler.

Y/N hadn't uttered a word as she simply nodded and walked away, heading to her room.

Closing the door behind her, Y/N walked up to her bed and sat down, ignoring the bounce of the bed as the mattress slightly tumbled under her weight.

Y/N was tired.

She spent the whole night before keeping watch on Five, just in case there was another surprise run in.

However, there was nothing and Y/N had wasted a night of sleep.

He still hasn't thanked me for that, Y/N thought, scowling.

But something she knew at the same time she didn't know.

That maybe, Five deserved a break.

~~~