Chapter 46

Slamming the door to the stall shut behind her, Y/N quickly kicked down the toilet seat and sat on it's lid with an aggravated sigh as she brought her hands up to her face and ran her fingers through her hair.

She was sad, she was tired, she was angry, she was in desperate need of a drink, and she was overwhelmed. Y/N never thought that after 45 years of her life in a teenage body she'd still be looking for an answer to an almost inevitable cause but here she was, pulling at her shirt color in desperation for a chance to breathe.

Of course it was Five. She was honestly disappointed by her lack of investigation into something that impacted her life so heavily, and even more stricken by how easily she stopped caring.

Y/N and Five most definitely had an animosity towards each other when they were undergoing training, along with the others, but now they're all grown up. So, what is making her most vulnerable right this instant was knowing of Five's dishonesty.

Groaning in frustration, Y/N got up and pushed the door open, turning on the sink and splashing her face with water. It hasn't even been five minutes since Five's confession and she could already feel her body heat rising, her face was hot with rage, and fingertips a bright red as they gripped the wooden countertop, which Y/N thought best to stay away from as her hands lit up.

Looking at her reflection in the mirror, Y/N grimaced, turning away.

"You petty bitch..."

She couldn't put it past herself to deny it. She was petty. But even Y/N couldn't help being selfish once in a while. Especially during these circumstances. Five's out there fending for himself trying to save the world again and you are cooped up in the bathroom because of a tamper tantrum that couldn't have had a more unconventional placement.

Turning back to back herself in the mirror, Y/N tilted her chin up and crossed her arms, checking herself out. "Herself" was the reason she was sulking around. Being a teenager for your whole life isn't fun. Everyone around her started to grow into a maturing adult, and she wasn't a part of that because of her body.

All the tiniest things of excuses she could think of suddenly came to war in her head.

"I can't ever get new clothes as often."

"I can't get a paying job."

"I can't do...I can't have..."

A headache began to dully throb against her head, and heated her hand up lightly to soothe her forehead. Everything sucked right now. Her brother was dead, she couldn't avenge him, she was stuck in the past, the Umbrella Academy is scattered once again, and her relationship with Five is crap again.

Y/N couldn't lie if she were to describe what she felt the night Five admitted his feelings as electric, thrilling, and new. Their kiss was more of a heat of a moment thing too, and after being back with each other for not even 20 days, it was sudden. Was their reunion supposed to be as sudden as these feelings? Was it selfish of her?

Y/N snorted. How?

Maybe it was because she made a scene when they were doing something that could affect the lives of billions, save the lives of billions.

Why did her time alone have to be now, Y/N thought, frowning. Why did it have to end so quick?