Chapter 14

Arriving back at home, the four siblings collapsed onto any nearby furniture in a heap, exhausted from that day's car chase and adventures.

Y/N had checked with Diego and it turns out they were ambushed at the inn where Klaus was kidnapped and he got hurt in the process.

Klaus was doing a little better after his time travel trip to around the Vietnam war, however, only Diego knew of what he did in his past year.

Everyone else only noticed his change in mood.

"All right, I'm gonna go sleep for a hundred years, sayonara," Klaus said, giving a lazy wave to everyone as he trudged up the stairs and disappeared into his room.

"Me too. I'm worn out," Diego stifled a yawn as he brought his legs up onto the couch and leaned back, resting an arm behind his head.

Y/N sighed, awkwardly playing with her fingers as she sat down on the couch across from Diego, who's eyes were know closed in a somewhat restless sleep.

"Hey, Uh...I have to tell you something. It has to do with Patch's death too," Y/N frowned, trying to get Diego's attention.

The man opened an eye in interest and sat up, telling her to continue.

"The reason Patch died was because she was interfering in something much bigger than she let on. It's the whole reason everyone's got all tangled up in this mess. The apocalypse. It's in a few days, and Five came back to stop it."

Diego blinked before he scoffed and laid back onto the couch. "Tch. That jerk. I knew he had something to do with it. All that apocalypse crap, Luther and Klaus also yapped on about it. Now you too?"

"It's true. It's not every day you see me willing to go within ten feet of Five. It's important. He wanted me to tell everyone, try and fix as much as I could," Y/N explained, leaning on the pillow to her right.

"Yeah, well, right now, I'm gonna need some time to myself. If you want me to believe it, you'd better give me some time to think."

Y/N leg her gaze linger on Diego for a second longer before she retired and stood from the couch, quietly walking out of the room as she closed the door behind her.

She just started and was already having a difficult time.