A Match Made in Limbo (Illyana Rasputina, aka Magik)

Start from the beginning

But then it changed, the Inheritors disappeared like dust but a single Spider-Totem stood against his own kind, snapping the strings of the Web of Life and Destiny.

"Thank you... Father" Illyana whispered a rare smile on her face. Ever since she took residence in the Sanctum Sanctorum and living with her predecessor, it has made her look at him as a father figure. She immediately stopped meditating and slowly dropped to the ground, walking on air steps to simulate as if she was going down.

She will accomplish her goal, to be a protector instead of a weapon. She is the Sorceress Supreme, and nothing will stand in her way of becoming what her predecessor made her see in herself.

Earth-001 (Loomworld)

"Superior! What are you doing!" Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man, shouted. He and a small group that was left of the Spider-Totems looked at how Otto Octavius, the Superior Spider-Man, was cutting the strings of the Web of Life.

"He is trying to change his destiny, Spider-Man" Everyone looked back, including Superior, and watched as the Sorceress Supreme arrived at the scene. Her cloak waved as she levitated. Magic circles surrounded her palms as she descended into the ground next to Spider-Man.

"Illyana?! What are you doing here?! And with Strange's-"

"He's dead, Spider-Man" Illyana stated, a somber look on her face. She still blamed herself for what happened, but it didn't come to the current mission. Stop the wayward Totem and restore the balance that the Web of Life provided the multiverse. She could see the downed face of Spider-Man, but didn't comment anything.

"I see..." Peter mumbled, wanting to cry for the death of one of his only friends, and probably his only friend. He hid the tears. He would have time to wallow in grief for him.

"Let me help you all with this little traitorous Totem here" Illyana said, summoning her staff. She held it in her hands before tapping the ground with it, causing a magic outburst to resonate within the entire Earth.

Otto widened his eyes as he found himself unable to move. He tried to move the knife in his hand but nothing, as if he was a marionette.

"Thank you, sorceress. For your immediate help" Karn, once an Inheritor who joined the Totems, thanked Illyana with a slight bow. He knew of the position she now held, and it deserved respect. Illyana just nodded, deciding that it was better than talking. She hated it. Being silent gives you an appreciation of what you may miss when sound disrupts your focus.

"What have you done, woman?! Release me! I am Superior!" Otto roared out. "Can't you see that what I am doing is for the best of all of us?! No mysterious web will control us any longer!"

"But you would cause a Big Bang in the process, traitor" Illyana spoke, the serious voice that she had created with her new visage of being the Sorceress Supreme.

"And you may be Superior, but she is Supreme! Better than what you currently are" Spider-Man mocked, gaining a hard glare from Otto; sighs from the other Spider-Totems that were there; and a stoic look from Illyana, who just stared at him.

"Pete..." Peter looked back at the one he wanted to give his heart to. Cindy Moon, aka Silk, was behind him, a regretful look on her face as she looked at Peter. "Let me-"

"Spider-Man, your strength is weak. You must replenish your life energy" Illyana interrupted. She had a job as the Sorceress Supreme, to maintain balance in the multiverse and the different dimensions of their world. "Come with me, we must hurry towards the Sanctum Sanctorum before all of your energy depletes"

"Sure, be right there... Just give me a second" Peter said. By now only the Spider-Totems from Earth-616; William Braddock, whose Earth was completely destroyed; Superior and Illyana were there. And even then, the only ones left were Anya Corazón, who decided to stay in Loomworld to protect the Web of Life alongside Billy; Cindy Moon and himself. Illyana was also there but was not as close as to hear the conversation.