A Match Made in Limbo (Illyana Rasputina, aka Magik)

In the Sanctum Sanctorum of New York, everything was quiet. The silence seems to accompany the building ever since it's original owner died some time ago. And it seemed to grow as time went by, nothing could be heard inside of the building, not even the noises of a fly could be heard there. But it was inside the building that resided the new Sorcerer Supreme... better yet, Sorceress Supreme.

Illyana Rasputina, better known as the Sorceress Supreme. She was also known as Magik, when she was with the X-Men and under apprenticeship with the previous Sorcerer Supreme, Stephen Strange. Strange had given Illyana something she had longed for so many years, that made the newest Sorceress Supreme look at her predecessor as a father. He gave her a choice... A choice she had denied to herself. Bring ruin, or bring creation.

Since she was a little girl, she had been trained by Belasco, a demon sorcerer, who had trained her as a weapon of destruction. It was all she knew, before she met Stephen, when she was taught Creation Magic by Stephen.

The training was painful... in an emotional way. At the time, she had this thought in her head that she was a weapon that only brought ruin since her magic was called Ruin Magic. And after some particular words from Strange made her keep going. She tried for months. Months in which she felt as useless as the day she started to learn magic. She started to feel like that little sweet girl, the girl she once was... full of emotions. And she hated feeling like that, but then she managed to create it, the Soul Staff. The staff she had created, before she had to kill Belasco, who had threatened Strange.

Illyana opened her eyes slowly, only to see a multitude of stars inside of the Sanctum Sanctorum. She had been meditating for quite a while now. The Cloak of Levitation hung around her shoulders as her staff was laid in her crossed out legs, and the Eye of Agamotto on her neck. Two of the relics she had on, gifts from Stephen before he passed away.

She was levitating while meditating. It has been almost two weeks since the Eye of Agamotto had tried to show her something. But she couldn't see it. Whether because it was not the right time to act or something wasn't allowing her to see.

"What are you trying to show me, Strange?" She whispered, her voice barely audible. When she talked, she often talked to Stephen Strange as if he was there. The mentor that had seen in her more than a weapon, he had seen a protector. "What do you want me to do?"

"Illyana, take a deep breath, and then we'll try again" Her mind answered her very own question. She remembers these words clearly, her predecessor had told them to her when she was just an apprentice. So obeying his words once again, she did as he instructed long ago. Breathing through her slightly parted lips, she inhaled air into her lungs and exhaled the breathed air through her nose as she closed her eyes again. It was then that she could see what the Eye of Agamotto had been trying to tell her. A giant web, whose threads looked majestic, connected to various universes, including her own. This web was being protected by silhouettes that quite frankly resembled Spider-Man, if the battle stance was anything to go by. The arachnids, as she named the silhouettes, were fighting another group. She could see this group quite clearly, unlike the arachnids.

The Inheritors are a clan of totemic hunters who feed on the life force of Totems, beings that connect the animal and Human kingdoms. She knew of them very well. She herself has not fought them in the last, but it seems that they were causing trouble.

"Protect it... Protect the Web of Life, Illyana..." Her eyes widen at hearing the name of the giant web that was behind the arachnids, which by now Illyana has speculated to be Spider-Totems from all around the multiverse.

The Web of Life and Destiny is a three-dimensional construct in five-dimensional space which acts as a model of the entire multiverse and enables travel between realities. But it was also the web that at one point empowered her lost time magic. The Web of Life also controls reality, meaning that time and space is involved in it.