Photonic Love (Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel)

"Hang on, am I the girl on this date?" The confused exasperated voice of a male said. This is Peter Parker, better known as Spider-Man, and he was changing from his costume to a more civilian look to go on a date. Yes, he couldn't believe it at first... to be able to get a date with the most beautiful Avenger he knew to date apart from his 'work-wife' was a very good sign. This beautiful Avenger was no other than Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel.

"Yes" He could feel the smirk on her face, even though he was not even looking at her. Carol had floated down from her position and landed next to him as he tried to put on a grey button shirt. "And I hope you're prepared to put out"

"Umm... Look..."

"Oh, come on, Parker. Lighten up" Carol said, making Peter sigh a bit before a smile appeared on his face. God what was this woman making him feel... Just with the simplest words. "And I hope you own nicer clothes than those" Carol stated earning a joking scoff from her date.

"I own a too-small jacket and a clip-on tie" Peter said honestly, making Carol give out a small smile as both of them jumped from the roof they were on.

"Well, break 'em out, Bucko. If I'm buying dinner, we're going somewhere nice"

Time Skip

Both heroes find themselves sitting down and trying to make small talk. The restaurant was very expensive, it was a restaurant that Peter would never be able to enter because of his economic problems. Everything looked so expensive that he didn't want to touch anything, just in case something broke... Parker's Luck always seemed to strike in the most unexpected moments.

"You are right you know..." Peter tried to start talking, trying to eliminate the awkward air that surrounded both of them. He thinks that the restaurant was at fault though. Don't get him wrong, the restaurant was impeccable, flawless... but the atmosphere that it brought to his date with Carol was too much if he was honest.

"About a great many things, yes" The slight smirk that Carol showed made Peter chuckle a bit. Carol could only wait and hear Peter's answer. She clearly remembers how they got unto this. She was shocked when he just outright asked her for a date as payment for helping her. Honestly, she had been wondering for a while about the arachnid hero but the unstoppable jokes always seemed to lead her elsewhere. Now that he was not making any jokes and was talking like any normal men, she could really see the appeal that Spider-Man really had.

"I get weird about money. I'm always worried about it. I might have a money-worrying disease" Peter said as he rolled his eyes a bit before settling them on looking towards his date. He couldn't stop looking at her, the constant smile she provided made him look at her, just to memorize her smile.

"You should invest"

"In...vest? What is this strange word you speak?" Carol clearly noted that her date tried to make a joke about it, but the slightly downed face of the man, made it clear that he was trying to hide something. As if masking something. How many things has he masked during all of those missions and only she was now beginning?

"I wrote a book a few years back" She started telling the Parker as the waiter arrived with their food. "I made some cash... not a lot... but enough to call it a nest egg. I invested and now I can afford to live comfortably" She finished talking, both of them thanking the waiter for bringing the food with a nod. "Not Tony Stark-style extravagant, but comfortable" She quickly added, making Peter hum in response.

"If we weren't being hunted by Norman Osborn, you mean" Peter stated, making Carol shrug slightly but nodded anyways.

"Well, yeah, there's that. Sure" It was then she remembered that Osborn was Peter's main villain. "What's the story between you and Osborn anyways?"