Flames of Awareness (Bonita Juarez, aka Firebird)

She sat on the balcony of her house, her eyes watching carefully just how her son played around on the yard. She had been surprised by the news when she first got them, an unexplainable amount of joy coursed through her that day. And she still felt that amount of joy just by seeing him smile and play around. He deserved everything in the world, and she was going to give him everything. He was her pride and joy, the son that she never knew she needed in her life. The inclusion of him in her life had changed her way of thinking drastically.

She still remembers just how everything came to fruition, her mind not being able to forget such an eventful day from her memories. She still reeled back at what happened, yet she honestly didn't care. Finding him in that crater almost dead made her wish she had paid more attention to him in the past, and it made her want to get closer to him sooner rather than later. He was so weak and injured those years ago, that even she believed that he was going to die. Thankfully he didn't and she managed to find something that made her keep going, she found love.

She still could feel the exact feelings that coursed through her body. The pressure on her chest, hearing just how fast her heart would go just by being near him. Moments when all she could do was think about him, and only him. She even got distracted in a sparring match because all she could do was think of him. And every time that he was nowhere near her, she felt a void that couldn't be filled. Yet her mind knew what was the one that could fill such a void. She knew full well that the man that she had saved all those years ago was the one for her. And she even had to fight for him, various females from his past gaining awareness that he was the best thing that had happened to them, and ultimately, and thankfully, she ended up winning the war.

She suddenly was enveloped in a tight hug, a smile appearing on her face as she recognized the warmth. She closed her eyes for mere moments, appreciating the union between the two. She had to admit that he had been the best thing that happened to her. She didn't even feel like this when Hank Pym had tried to go out with her even more years ago, before she saved the man that was hugging her with such care from death. He was as attentive as ever, showcasing her with love and adoration that she could only dream of. Yet her dreams have turned into a reality, one that she lived every single day of her life.

"Bonita..." She sighed lovingly, the voice of the man resounding in her ear and straight to her mind. She was completely infatuated with the man, and each passing that her infatuation just grows stronger. Moments like this were the ones that she hoped to live in for the rest of her life. After feeling such loving and attentive nature had spoiled her forever, unable to gain enjoyment in her life if he was not beside her. "You remember our song?"

"Of course I do, mi amor" Bonita Juarez, also known as Firebird, softly whispered towards him. She glanced at him, her eyes staring at the handsome face of Peter Parker, the hero known as Spider-Man. Finding him all those years ago changed her, transforming her life from the loneliness that she lived into the companionship that she had seeked since forever, one that filled her completely. But their song, the one they used on their wedding day, meant more than anyone could think of. "I live by it every single day. ¿Por qué lo preguntas?"

Cansado de esperar

Fallar y en vano intentar

She heard him, his beautiful voice singing the song that meant everything to the two of them. She felt her heart skip a beat, a slight tear escaping from her eye as she sighs once again. The song would always send her back to memory lane, remembering the moments she spent before getting married to him. She smiled, her eyes opening fully as the two of them were now facing each other with love. She wanted to kiss him right there and then, but she knew that their song meant more than just a kiss.