Web of Shadows (Katherine Pryde, aka Red Queen)

"Why did I answer the call? Oh yeah... Me and my bleeding heart and always wanting to rescue the people close to me" Spider-Man said as he was swinging around, looking for something or rather, looking for someone. Peter Parker, the identity behind the Amazing Spider-Man, had just been called by the Wolverine to see if he could help him find Kitty Pryde, who had suddenly gone missing after events that the old man didn't want to tell him.

"I mean, why call me and tell me that you need my help if you are not going to tell me what is wrong in the first place?!" Peter groaned to himself as he searched New York for the second time, while stopping crime here and there. Thankfully there has been nothing major, but he couldn't just sit back and let corruption happen in his face. He will give an arm if it will make others live in a more safer environment. "Just where are you, Kitty? What happened to you that would make you disappear and leave your friends and family behind?"

Peter had landed on the top of a building, which had a bar nearby. Peter frowned at the bar, which thankfully, it wasn't the one that the villains went to but something was telling him that he had to investigate the bar either way. So with a leap of faith, Peter landed on the ground swiftly and began to walk towards the door of the bar. He didn't know if it was that his Parker's Luck had been far away from him and was currently tormenting his brother, Kaine Parker, because as soon as he entered the bar, Peter saw Kitty sitting on a stool as she had a glass cup filled with vodka.

Peter could see the facial expression on Kitty's face and couldn't help but flinch at the sight. She looked lost, as if something had been taken away from her and she couldn't get it back. It has been an expression he has become familiar with because he has suffered through it. Losing his loved ones would make that for him, especially since he blames himself for not being able to protect them.

"Kitty..." Spider-Man said slowly, making the brown haired woman turn towards him. Her expression hadn't changed, still having that drunk face over her pained eyes. He didn't need to know anymore to see that Kitty was not in a stable mind to be making any kind of decision. "Come on... People are worried about you, let me take you to the X-M-"

"I'll shtay here, if shou don't mind..." Kitty gave a slight hiccup as she glared at him. Peter noticed that she wasn't completely drunk if she could at least pronounce a couple of words right. But he couldn't risk her being taken advantage of, so He had to think of a way to make her come with him. Though it was then that Peter noticed the bruise on her face. She had a black left eye, and her nose seemed broken. Something must have happened to her since she would use her powers to avoid getting hit by anything at all.

"Kitty, let me help you. You are bruised and you have probably drunk a whole barrel of rum or worse, a complete bottle of vodka" Peter said, making Kitty fight against his hold without any luck of getting free of Spidey's hold. Peter sighed as he looked at the woman in his arms and began to walk away. He couldn't bring her to the X-Men in the state she was in, so she would have to spend the night in his apartment. He hopes that she falls asleep as quickly as possible because he didn't want to deal with a drunken Kitty in his apartment.

Time Skip; Peter's Apartment

Peter had just arrived at his apartment and had dropped Kitty on the big sofa he had. He had to take off his hero costume and he had to make sure that Kitty was comfortable enough to sleep on the couch for the night. Maybe even let her take the bed while he slept on the couch. In any case, Peter took his mask off and quickly proceeded to get out of his costume. It has been a long day searching for Kitty and he was exhausted.