Empathic Sounds (Frances Barrison, aka Shriek)

"You... You really love him..." Frances Barrison, the villainess known as Shriek, whispered. She was crying from her right eye, and feeling she knew all too well. Love was a powerful weapon and just like she loved her son, the elderly woman in front of her loved the man she had consequently adopted as her own thanks to her powers. "It's not just an act... You really love him"

She stared right at the woman, the real mother of the man she picked as her son, before her eyes shifted towards him. She watched the down man besides her, heart aching against her chest as she kept on crying. It made her self conscious of what she was really doing. That woman really loved Malcolm, the son that she, herself, never had.

"How can I hate you... when you love him so much?" She kept going, her voice as silent as before. Her pale skin reflected the shadows of her dark hair, hiding yet another tear that ran down her face. She stretched out her hand to touch his own hand. Before she just sighed, her mind probably regretted her choice. But she had to do it, for the love she felt for her son. Even if he was not her real son. "But I... I love him too"

She got both of her hands on his head, activating a part of her powers. She was screaming, the pain that her body was actually feeling was strenuous. It made her remember when she was a child, the beatings she would receive on a daily basis. She just wanted to forget everything, to be only focused on the feeling she knew that was love.

It took a few seconds, but she did it. She had saved her son, not only from the darkness that she had given him but from the virus that afflicted him as well. But in doing so, she made herself sick. Her eyes were already seeing double as her chest throbbed in pain. Though before she closed her eyes, the last thing she saw was the red and blue colors.

Time Skip

Spider-Man, whose real identity was Peter Parker, just stared just how the doctors worked on Frances Barrison. He was briefly knocked out by her back at the house. Though when he woke up and saw what she did, he felt proud to know that she did the right thing in the end. But to him, she was still a villain. And he did not know why his heart was touched by her action or why he was worried for her in her delicate state.

"She will be fine..." He whispered, looking at her in worry. He also saw just how her eyes looked straight at him, her blank painted lips moving without saying a word. He stayed there, watching just how the doctor installed Shriek into the room before leaving. He walked closer to the villainess, his eyes staring at her just as her eyes did the same in return. "Get well, Frances..."

"S-Spider..." He stopped, looking back at the female in bed. She had grabbed his hand, gripping it slightly. He just stared at her, confusion behind his mask. "Why... Why can't I experience love?" He sighed, feeling slightly for what she was experiencing. Having a relationship and also being a hero had been very difficult for him. Which meant that no relationship he was in lasted as long. "I just want to be loved..."

Peter sighed, actually worried for Frances for a second. In the course of her life, she had developed a delusional attachment for Carnage, for Malcolm and for himself. Cletus was already in jail, he made sure of that. Malcolm was safe and sound with his real mother, he was there when Frances cured Michael. And finally himself, who stood in front of her.

"You are a beautiful woman, Frances..." He whispered, his hand caressing her hand softly. He watched just as she opened her eyes a bit wider, her eyes looking at him in wonder. He was not saying anything that was not true, she was indeed a very beautiful woman. He even stills remembers the kiss she gave him two nights ago. "I know that you will find the right man that will love you unconditionally"

"Will... Will you allow me to love you?" He looked directly at her. He had slightly expected this question from her. Between the kiss from two days ago and what the two of them went through until this point in their lives, he knew that she at least felt something for him. But he did not know what to say or even what to do. "I want to forget the pain... I... I can't handle it any longer..."

"Frances..." He whispered, his heart throbbing slightly as he stared at the villainess pleading for his love. He knew of her story, abusive parents who did not love her at all. With the church being the only place she could seek safety in. He knew everything, and because he knew it was more difficult to even utter a word.

But she went out of her way to save Malcolm, which still ran through his mind like a broken video. He knew that if she wanted to, she would be an amazing heroine. She had just been dealt a very bad hand. So he kissed the back of her hand, looking just how her expression changed into a weak smile. She was happy, which made him a bit happy as well.

"Thank you..." She whispered, and he only smiled at her as she closed her eyes to finally rest a bit. He bent down a little, placing a kiss on her forehead before exiting the room. He had to check on his Aunt May as well, the two of them being in the same hospital. But he was sure of something, he would be visiting Frances Barrison a lot more frequently now. He did not want her to feel such painful memories ever again.