Eternally Grateful (Azura, aka Thena)

"Snap out of it!" Peter yelled, avoiding a sword strike from his current lover, the female Eternal, Thena. She was so compassionate and loving, that he was sure that she would never be able to hurt anyone who didn't deserve her anger. He jumped back, looking up towards her as she just breathed hazardly.

"It's too late..." Her voice was harsh, not like how she usually talks around him. He already had to calm her down from three episodes, as if he had been calling them. He knew that she really loved him, but seeing this part of her was unnerving. Even a bit frustrating, since he didn't know what to do to completely cure her of it. "We can't save them"

"Just give me your hand..." Peter extended his hand forward, trying to grab her own hand. But he had to reel it back quickly, a strike from her sword almost cutting off his hand clean. This had been the worst episode she had as of yet, and Peter didn't even know what to do. "Thena..."

"We are all going to die" The negativity, it sickened Peter to the core. She was always so positive, talking about the beauty of Athens and just how she wanted to go there with him. They had planned a vacation together, to visit her home, but the episodes had become worse and worse. He was desperate, frustrated beyond belief as he couldn't do anything but snap her out of it.

"Thena... Azura..." Peter whispered, her real name making the woman pause even for a second. He noticed her reaction, looking just as her eyes focused and unfocused. "You are an Eternal..." He kept going, doing small steps towards her as she kept blinking. Her eyes were completely white, her normally brown eyes nowhere to be seen. "You are the-"

"Enough" He widened his eyes, looking towards his stomach and watching just how the swords impaled him completely. But it was the only moment he had to get closer to her. To try and get her out of her episode and see if she could find help for him. He knew he was going to need it.

"Y-You are... an amazing... woman..." Peter coughed up blood, his hand grabbing her own in a loving hold. He could notice the shifts in Thena's eyes, which meant that he was close to reaching out for her. "The best wife... I could... ever have..." He reclined his forehead against her own, ignoring the pain in his chest. He would go to hell and back just to be able to save her. She meant everything to him. She had provided him with his greatest treasure. "And... a wonderful... mother... for our little Helen..."

He heard her gasp... her eyes slowly returning to her beautiful brown color. He sighed, knowing that he had finally reached towards her. He knew that she was going to blame herself for his injury. But it was not her, he knew that she would never harm him. She was too caring to even do as she had just done.

"P-Peter?" She whispered, her eyes already growing teary as she let go of her sword. Her hands were shaking, the truth of her actions hit her as never before. She was always loyal to her lover, already having two previous relationships with other men, who were now dead. But she has never actually attacked one of them. And knowing that she actually tried to kill Peter, it broke her heart. "What have I done..."

"H-Hey... It's not your fault..." She laughed slightly, her tears dropping like a waterfall. She knew that he was just trying to make her not feel guilty of her actions. But she couldn't, not in a million years, consciously say that attacking her other half was not her fault. It was her fault, for not being able to control whatever was happening to her. "You know... I always heal fast..."

"Of course you do..." She smiled. And while her tears were slightly controlled, she felt guilty. But she was glad, happy that he was not dying. Though she better get him to Sersi or Phastos to help her with healing him up. She held him close, her tears dripping into his neck as she hugged him softly. "You always do..." She kissed him, both of their lips relishing on each other. She didn't care if she had his blood in her mouth, it was because of her that he was in his current state. And even then, she would do anything for him. Her love for him transcended beyond even the cosmos. "So you must get better. We still have to go to Athens..."

"Whatever you say... my love..." Her smile widened even further. Hearing him call her like that was more than a privilege for her. It was a constant promise between the two of them. To love each other unconditionally, through every uncertainty. And she had to hand it to him, he knew just how to push her buttons to make her love him even more. "I... love you... Azura''

She kissed him once more. She just adored when he called her by her real name, before having it changed to Thena by royal decree of Athens. Her name was a secret between the two of them, yet another connection between the two that made their relationship even more functional.

"I love you too, Petey... So just relax. I'll get someone to help you" She whispered, her eyes looking just as he closed his eyes slowly. She looked back down towards his chest, the sword still impaled in his chest. She didn't want him to bleed out, it was the sole reason as to why she had not destroyed the sword which had harmed her lover. But she was going to find help, and he would get better. He had, technically, promised her that he was going to be alright and she trusted him. But she needed reassurance that he was definitely not going to die. And it was her job to do whatever it may be to keep his promise alive.