Scientific Studies (Cecilia Reyes, aka Forcefield)

"Cece..." Cecilia Reyes looked over her lover, a kind smile on his face. She could notice just how worried he was for her, a characteristic that made her notice him in the first place. His kindness was without a limit, even when people judged him for a buffoon. And he may be one from time to time, but he was her buffoon. "Are you alright?"

"Yes..." She answered, her eyes trying their best to focus on him. She knew that he trusted her with everything, it was the reason why they were no longer in America. The two of them had fled away from the people who may seeked to harm them, hoping to create a family together. So it was really hard to lie to him. Though it didn't last long, her head instinctively moved sideways and avoided his eyes. "M-My team and I were just protecting the patients from danger"

"Please, tell me what really happened" She looked down, her eyes almost on the verge of tears. She could still feel the blood on her hands. She wanted to break down, a need for him to calm her down. His touch always soothed her nerves, making her feel at ease. "It sounded way worse over the radio, before you cut it off"

"Me and my team were trying to cure the patients..." She started, her voice falling into hopelessness as soon as she started to tell her story. The suffering and blood was too much for her. She was supposed to save people, not let them die. "We were actually making progress... But then the camp was attacked" She whispered, her hands holding his own. She knew that if Peter Parker, her other half, knew of what was really happening, he would have rushed straight towards her. And she was fine, she did not need the help to deal with the man. It was what the man caused that left her quite shook. "Just a single man, someone that I easily restrained. But I didn't know that he was carrying explosives..."

She didn't have to say anything else, the dust and grime that still covered her was probably telling him more than what she could have ever said. The little points of blood on her white coat were also pointing out to something happening far more brutal than her words had told him. But she couldn't talk any longer. She was stronger than this, a force to be reckoned with. She was the shield of her family, the one who will protect it until her dying breath. But failure was still something that she did not want to experience as a doctor any longer. It was painful not only to herself, but to the family members of the one that died.

"She died in my arms, Peter..." She sobbed, her teary eyes were closed. She was trying to maintain the tears back, but just reliving the moment of the child dying in her arms was too much. She knew that she was way worse before, not caring for life as much. But Peter changed her perspective, brought her into the beauty that is life. So seeing a child die was affecting her like no other. "S-She had the same age as Ciarán!"

She felt Peter flinch through her hands, a moment of fear running through their bodies. Ciarán was their only child, who was only three years old. Losing someone that could be their own child, was making Cecilia think twice about heading out on her expeditions to help others. She wanted to be there whenever Peter or their son may need her. Especially now that she had yet to tell him of the beautiful news she was receiving for the future.

"And I almost lost my ride here..." She really couldn't handle it any longer. It had been a very stressful day for her. And all she wanted to do was to be in his arms and spend the rest of the day together with their son as family. She needed to forget everything that had happened on this horrendous day. Being able to move on from the death of her patient would be tough, but she had Peter in her life to help her with it. She needed to be strong for her family.

"But here you are safe and sound, my love" She smiled at his words. She just loved when he called here by any sort of nickname. It made their connection deeper. She chuckled slightly, her eyes looking straight at his own in happiness. He could say the simplest of words and she was already laid on his feet in complete and utter bliss. That was the amount of control he had over her. In her mind, their love was bigger than the universe.

"You won't get rid of me that easily, Pete" She giggled, her arms crossing over to his neck. She was still sad about the death of the child, but she knew that she had to move on with her life. She had a husband, a son, and an incoming baby to take care of. She could not dwell on the past any longer. She had to seek out her future, and that was to stand besides Peter. "That is why they called them vows"

She kissed him, her body felt the sparks that kissing him always made her experience. It was tender, yet loving. A moment shared by just the two of them in their own little world. She will quit her job, both of them gained a large amount of income thanks to the mine they had found not far from their current home.

"I love you, Cece. Never forget that" She nodded, her lips meeting his own once more. She just wanted to feel loved at this moment. She did not want to think about anything else that was not her beloved husband. And while she did have to tell him about their second blessing soon, she could enjoy him a bit further before she had to do so.