Aced It

Honestly, that was impressive. I smiled a little as that soon-to-be-named brat held her own against Isabel and Farlan. Attacking. Dodging. Blocking. Punching. She fought like hell to stay alive. I could appreciate that.

I chuckled as Isabel groaned and rolled of her side. "Big Bro... why didn't you help us?" She complained while dragging herself, limping over to me. That young girl made Isabel limp? Damn.

"I told you guys, no help from me." I looked away and ruffled her hair to cheer her up. She smiled, her pain forgotten. "Good job with flushing her out, Isabel." I praised her, then looked at Farlan with curiosity.

"Why'd you hold back, Farlan?"

His calm, with a pinch of cockiness, smirk spread across his face. "If i hadn't, she would've been dead."

I smile a lil, "Doubt it." I say under my breath. "Well anyways, she passed. Shes worthy. I want her on the team."

~~Readers Point Of View~~

Rain started to pour as I slipped into the house. My face started to swell a little from my face hitting the ground due to Isabel's, well timed tackle. I touched my cheek tentatively as I undid my cape and washed my face and hands.

"Your hurt." My father said.

"And you're observant."

"What happened?" He sounded a bit angry at me, like it was my fault. That ticked me off a little, but i tried my best to hide it.

"Some well trained thugs caught up to me. No big deal." I say, trying for nonchalant.

"(Y/n). I thought I taught you better than this. Are you telling me it was all for nothing? My only achievement is slipping through the cracks?" His voice rose in volume with each question, making it hard not to curse him out.

"Dad. Calm down. I won't be seeing them ever again. They didn't follow me, so they didn't intend to kill me. Just trust me--"

"Trust you? You get beat up so easily and you think I can trust you to protect us? You should train and--"

"Dad! Shut the fuck up already! I am so sick and tired of the shit i get from you. You trained me. You know I wasn't goofing off. I'm fighting tooth and nail for you! For you! And you can't call upon yourself to fucking trust me?" Angry uncontrollable tears brim at my eyes making it hard to see.

I take a calm and cleansing breath. "Look, I know this is hard on you, but you need to understand that you've trained me for three years. I can protect us just fine. So trust me to keep bringing in food and money ok?"

My father looked shocked, I honestly couldn't blame him. That was the first time I told him how I felt. Now i felt good and really guilty.

"Look...I'm sorry for all the cussing and yelling and--"

"It's fine, (y/n)." Obvious disappointment engraved in his eyes.

I sighed and walked into my room and sat on my bed, staring at the wall.

"Good night I guess..."