Sixteen Days Pt.3

"Oh shit." I back away from him, shaking my head in denial. "No fuckin way."

"(Y/n) please stop overreacting. It's hard enough already being without her all these years without you being dramatic."

That hits me like an unexpected punch in the gut. "Ex-fucking-scuse me? Don't you dare put this blame on me when you just couldn't stop fucking mom making another mistake child! Are you fucking kidding me?! You know what happens when you have too much kids down here! I would rather stab myself in the stomach then have children grow up they way I did! Don't you fucking dare! This shit is not on me! You're a piece of shit, you know that? My 'sister' fuckin saw me kill someone! Why the fu--"

"Wait, what? She saw you kill someone?" He stood up as if he was angry at me for saving her precious fucked up life.

"Here we go again! Yes. I did strangle a man and then snap his neck in front of her. I did that. But--"

"What the hell, (Y/n)! Why are you killing people in front of my baby girl?" He screams at me, which is the last fuckin straw.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? What about me? Having to kill someone so young just to stop him from raping her? Do you give a shit about thar? And why don't you care about the fact that she was free! She wasn't trapped down here like some kind of rat. Yet she was still down here! What the fuck!" I scream kicking a wooden chair so hard that the legs cracks in half, causing the chair to buckle and fall.

"Don't you dare speak to me like I'm beneath you!" He punches the wall next to my face. I guess I know where I picked up that habit. "She's a pure person. I don't want you to taint her any further. So what she came to see me sometimes. She doesn't anymore..."

"You know what? You. Are. Beneath. Me. You're a fucking pig like the rest of them."

"Get the fuck out!" He screams shoving me hard against the door.

"I was fucking plannin on it!" I grab my pack and rip open the door. "One last thing. Stay the fuck away from this case and from me. I don't need you anymore."

I slam the door behind me, leaving behind my father and my trust in the rest of the world.

~~Eren's Point Of View~~

I sat in Mikasa's bedroom with a cold cloth against my cheek. I told her I could take the pain, but of course she refused to listen.

"Mikasa."

"I'll kill him."

"Mikasa."

"I'll hang him upside down and skin him alive."

"Mikasa!"

"What?!" I wait for her to come back to reality and realize she was literally contemplating murder right in front of me. "I'm sorry, okay? It's just not fair that he gets to get away with that."

"I don't really care. It's the military after all. Aren't they supposed to toughen us up?" I shrug and take the rag off my face, causing Mikasa to immediately take my hand and press it to my ever growing bruise. For some reason she doesn't take her hand away from mine. She's always been touchy but I don't really mind. I guess she just cares a lot. "Besides, the military isn't a place for a weakness like being in love with someone. Won't stop me though."

She abruptly removes her hand and turns away from me. "What's wrong?"

"What's so appealing about (Y/n), anyway? What do you see in her?" She sounds like she's going to cry. I don't know why though.

"I don't know, I guess. Maybe her beautiful eyes...they way they twinkle when she talks to me and light up when she's focused. Maybe it's her perfect smile. I love how I might not see it much, but when I do...wow."

Mikasa backs up against the wall, her eyes misty. "She's not the nicest person. She punches you, glares at you, sometimes tripping you. Why?"

I smile wide. "Maybe I don't like nice girls. She's strong and tough and even surprisingly funny. Her laugh...don't even get me started."

After what seems like an hour of thick silence, Mikasa finally responds. "Why don't you see me that way? I don't hit you, I don't make fun of you, I'm always there for you!"

"What do you mean?" I cock my head to the side in confusion. I don't think she understands the difference between loving someone as a friend and loving someone. Mikasa is one of my best friends. Why is she taking this so personally?

She just smiles, though tears threaten to spill from her eyes. "Never mind, Eren. I just need some air." She runs from the room in tears.

"Smooth, Eren." Connie peaks his bald head into the room.

"I don't even know what just happened."