Help

For the past few days The Midget Crew has been pestering me. Delivering some cash to my home, stealing things for me. It's like they're helping me so I can be in debt to them. I refuse to join. All this help is nice and all, but seriously? A group of three teen/adults that fight you, follow you, study you, and then want to recruit you? Pfft! Like its not appealing at all. Like not at all. Not. At. All. Hahahahahaha.

Ok lets stop lying for a second here. All this help is getting me two times as much money, and less time to starve myself. I wanna join so bad. But my dad needs me more than they need me. I can't be out doing jobs while my father needs like two meals per day. Impossible.

Ugh...this is killing me. I might just accept it so I can have some fucking thrill in my life. Am I going through some kinda middle age crisis?! What the hell is wrong with me?!

I exit my home with a sigh, take a deep breath and spin around. Levi is creepily standing there staring at me.

"Are you still not convinced that we can help each other?" He asks me.

"Oh, I don't doubt it." I say, clenching my fists. "Thats not even the real problem here."

"Then what is?" I pause, trying to decide wether or not I trust him enough to tell him.

"My dad...he's dying. Sunlight deprivation. It's getting worse by the day." I try to hold myself together, "If I don't get him the meds he needs...I could loose him by the end of the month." I started shaking, trying not to cry. I'm usually a strong person, but saying how desperate my situation is out loud...makes me wanna fucking cry.

Levi smiles like he just had a break through. Which made me angry that he didn't care, and grateful that he didn't pity me. "Guess we'll just have to get you that money before the end of the month, yeah?"

I backed up. "Look you've done enough. I'll make it in time on my own." I say putting my hand up to stop him from talking.

"Oh really? By the way things are going, and the continuous starving of yourself, you won't even make it to the end of the month."

I gulp knowing he's absolutely right. I already feel light headed constantly from the lack of food. He suddenly grabs my small wrist. "Let us help you. If you do this by yourself, you'll kill your dad and yourself in the same month. Is that what you want?"

I stare into his steel grey eyes and I see myself in them, like a glass. I sigh and stick my hand out for a hand shake. "Only 'till the end of the month, i'll work with you. Just to save my dad." I say, determined.

I will not let my father die. At all costs. So i'll let them help me.

For now.