Sixteen Days

~~Eren's Point Of View~~

I don't regret it. Not one bit. I don't know what came over me, but it was worth it. Her lips were soft and warm despite the cold, rainy weather. It was intoxicating, but quick. Her eyes were too surprised, like she never thought about me like that. Doesn't matter though. At least not now.

I just want her to come back.

"Earth to Eren? Helloo?" Connie waves his hand before my eyes, shocking me back.

"What, what?" I ask not really paying attention at all.

"We all saw it! Give us the details!" Connie leans forward in unison with the other boys. Why am I here again? Why aren't any of the girls here like usual?

"What are you talking about?"

"Clueless. Are we even sure he's not in a coma right now?" Jean, as usual, when feeling left out likes to butt into our conversation with an opening insult. What an ass wipe.

...

Get it? Cause he's a horse and the word ass is like--

Moving on.

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever fucking heard and we've been training together for years. Congrats on your new record." I give a standing ovation for extra sarcasm.

"Huh?! What'd you say?!"

"What'd you say!"

Soon we're at each other's throats and I'm on the verge of beatin' his lights out, but Armin pushes me back. Lucky for Jean. I bet he doesn't want another bruise on his dumb face.

"Eren. We're talking about when you kissed (Y/n). They want to kn--"

"Kissed. (Y/n)?" Captain Levi's voice booms through the mess hall and before I could blink I'm the only one standing. Thanks guys.

"Y-yeah." I half whisper. After the incident when he protected me from his squad, I've hardly seen him.

He looks like he's still waiting for an answer. His eyes are dead like he's telling me to run. Really considering it but I have some pride.

He slowly walks up to me with his hands behind his back. He doesn't speak until I can feel his breath on my face. He cocks his head to the side and suddenly I realize the entire mess hall is too silent.

He looks down while shaking his head like he can't believe he even he has to deal with me and looks me dead in the eye. "Tell me again. Did you kiss (Y/n)?"

I forgot I was holding my breath and my voice comes out as a panicked, breathy, squeak. "Y-yes sir."

Suddenly I'm  on the floor with a sharp ringing in my left ear. My jaw hurts like a horse kicked me in the face and all I see,in and out of consciousness, is Levi. He's standing over me, almost as if red is in his eyes, and flexes his hand showing me what I thought just happened.

Captain Levi just punched me in the face.

~~Readers Point Of View~~

"Are you real?" I stared at him. Perfectly shaven, standing up, clean, not coughing. Is this some sick dream?

He runs up to me and hugs me close, swinging me around like a child. He's never done that before. "Oh, (Y/n). I thought you were dead!"

I pull away, tears streaming down his face, and stare. "I thought you were dead."

"What? They told me that I'm receiving treatment because you went into the military to save me but you died in an explosion the day you got there!" He pets my face in disbelief.

"Are you fucking with me? They told me you died cause of your illness! What the shit?!"

"And us, of all people, believed the military?" He's back to his old warrior self. I smile, so incredibly happy to see him.

But my smile instantly fades, knowing exactly who told me. "No. I just trusted a friend."

"What'd you say, hon?"

"Nothing." I push past him and pace the room. "This is fucking bull shit. Imma skin Eyebrows when I see him!" And for the second time in a week I punch a wall.

"Easy there. Let's figure this out." We sit on the couch, slash bed, that my father used to sleep on. "Why are you here?"

I take a deep breath and explain the mission to him. The more I talk the more his eyes widen. At the end his eyes look like they might pop out of his head.

"You okay, Dad?" I watch him stand and back up to lean on the wall, staring at me. "Dad. I know it's a lo--"

"It's not that."

"What is it?"

"I got the same mission."

"How long do you have?"

"Sixteen days starting tomorrow."

An: ♪ Oops I did it again! ♪