Gloves Up

"Uhgh!" She shouts falling again to the mat and I try not to smile at her frustration.

I offer my hand again like I always do when she looses. "Up you go." I grunt as I pull Mikasa off the floor. "I told you to spread your legs more."

She looks shocked and blushes. What is she doing? I land a solid kick on her side and she goes flying sideways. "Come on, Mikasa. Pay attention at least." I sigh. This is pretty fun. She's not a bad sparing partner after all. At least she holds her own. Most people die or something.

I wonder how good (Y/n) would be against me? Well... I already felt that didn't I?

I shake my head in an effort to somehow shake thoughts away. No thinking about her. She's like a fucking parasite for my focus.

Suddenly I almost fall on the ground but roll back into a standing position. That fucking piece of shit.

Mikasa smiles evilly. "Come on, Levi. Pay attention at least." Cheeky bastard. She tried to get me to fall by sweeping her leg against my ankles, almost ending on her back.

"Get up." I glare, looking down at her like she's an absolute disgrace. "Get your gloves the fuck up."

~~ Readers Point Of View ~~

"Tell me moms side of the story. I've always wondered about her." I grumble between chewing bites of stale bread and slurps of tea.

"Slow down, you'll choke or something." She giggles from across the table. I've missed her more than I even realized.

"Just tell me."

"Fine. So it went like this: Mom and Dad originally lived in Wall Rose. They fell in love and got married blah, blah, blah. Turns out that mom was secretly rich and ran away from home. So when people finally found her, they forced them to come back. Turns oout, she was totally preggo with you."

I was shocked. I never expected her to be a troubled kid. And I never knew that Dad wasn't poor once.

"Mom hates her family. But there was no where they could run where they wouldn't follow and for you to grow up around all the hatred and secrets. So the Underground seemed like the perfect choice. And it worked, for a while."

She tugged on her hair. Uh oh.

"Well... She claims that dad told people where she was for money and she had to run...but I don't really believe her."

I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms, sitting back. "What do you mean?"

"It's just...she's a liar."

I didn't think my eyebrows could go any higher. "Care to elaborate?"

"You see...every time I ask her when she was pregnant with me, she never...well...her answers are never consistent."

"Interesting." I snap my fingers remembering something. "Wait! You were totally born down here! My dad--our dad-- once said that 'the only thing she did right was taking you out of here.' As in, you were down here before she left us to rot and die." I smile innocently at the last part. I have nothing but burning hatred for my "mother".

"Really? It just doesn't make sense! Why take me and not you?" She frowns.

"And how much money would it take to sell out the love of your life? Even if you're a heaping pile of shit like Dad?" Once again, burning hatred for our parents. "And why was I raised here if he had money to at least get out? He must've had a citizenship if he was from Rose. Right?"

"It just doesn't add up."
She whispered, twisting her hair like she wanted to pull it off. Anxious little pigeon.

"Wait...maybe it does." I whisper back, sitting up for once.

"What? What are you thinking?"

"What if she never was sold out for money? What if she never ran? What if she left?"

~~ Levi's Point of View ~~

We sit quietly in the dining hall, both still in workout clothes, stinky, and sweaty. I'm pretty sure I've gone soft if I'm sitting here, sharing a cup of tea with a disgusting cadet that hates my guts.

"Eren, huh?" I simply say, sipping my scalding tea like it was cold.

She blushes wildly and almost spills her tea on the table. Clearing her throat she tries to act nonchalant.

"(Y/n), huh?"