Book 5: Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Aww, I was looking forward to Professor Hagrid's lessons," Astoria whines, planting her elbows on the table. "I heard that last year he had everyone hold a kniffler."

"We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge." A tiny irritating giggle was heard from the ugly pink blob, causing Finley to roll her eyes at the woman. "I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck."

"She'll need it," Finley mutters under her breath before stabbing the tart on her plate.

"I mean, I don't want to be that person but, I do wish that she turns out like Lockhart," Theo spoke as he stared at the pink blob with a bored look. "Would be great to have her forget that she was human and have her croak like a frog."

"Agreed," the other three nodded their heads as the Headmaster kept on speaking.

A high pitched cough was heard, having Dumbledore stop his announcement and turn towards the source, seeing the pink blob stand up from her chair, her ugly pink handbag on the table. She walked towards the front.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome," the blob says, getting in front of the pedestal that Dumbledore stood on. "And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me."

"This ugly toad must be delusional," Finley whispers towards Astoria who rolled her eyes at the woman's words, clearly, no one was happy to see her.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"Kill me now," Finley coughs loud enough for the school to hear, the woman staring at her even if she was sat on the far end of the hall, glaring at her.

"The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be vital importance."

"Yeah, and you give us stupid textbooks. Even a squib can teach me better magic," Blaise remarked under his breath. The Slytherins who heard him couldn't help but agree, they hated the pink blob toad woman the moment she spoke.

"Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of the progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

Finley clenched her fist under the table as she glared at the pink clothed blob's figure on the staff's table. Loathing her, this year was something she wasn't looking forward to.

"What did she mean by prune practices that ought to be prohibited?! Her cardigan is a fucking catastrophe!" Finley ranted as she was inside the Draco's prefect dorm with only Theo, Blaise, and Draco inside. It was a good thing that the blond boy had his own Dorm, it gave Finley the freedom to be herself in at least one place.

"And that hat is just rubbish," Blaise shook his head.

"Forget about the outfit, that pink toad is taking over the school!"

Finley slumped down on Draco's bed, her robe off, and thrown on Draco's chair on a desk in the side of the room. To say that they broke in Draco's room would be saying it too harshly, the correct term, but too harsh.

"How did you three get in here?" Draco asked, extremely confused to see the three of them in his dorm. Thankfully he was alone in the dorm now, lonely, but thankful that he was alone. "How did you break in?"

"Break in is such a harsh word," Blaise comments while leaning on the wall beside the bed where Finley laid.

"We rather call it, 'let ourselves feel like home' less harsh, no?" Theo piped in as he sat down on a chest at the other side of the room.