Rat Choreographer

Ending: Yeonjun

"I like you."

"I like me too."

  "Remind me why I like you again?" You sighed in annoyance.

  "I'm handsome, I'm nice, I can sing, I can dance, I can rap, I can play basketball, I can pull off any hair colour, I like you too, I-"

  "Yes, I get it. You're perfect." You shook your head. And then you comprehended the last point. "What was the last part?"

  "I was gonna say that I look great in crop tops," he replied.

  "Before that," you demanded.

  "I like you too."

-

  It had been a long long day. You'd been cooped up in your small office, listening to the same part of a song over and over again. You couldn't figure out what was wrong and after a while, you gave up and moved on to a different section, but now you were back, replaying the same three seconds. Before you'd settled into listening to the same three seconds on loop, you had a meeting to attend. You really did feel like the rat producer.

  Yeonjun had also attended the meeting. It was about the new album being released by an artist. It was the first project the two of you had worked on together.

  Yeonjun had gotten a full ride sports scholarship and had chosen to major in dance. He didn't want to do basketball. He had even told you that he hated basketball because it reminded him of the reason he joined basketball. To make the bruises make sense. But, he didn't want to be an inconvenience to Soobin's, and technically his, parents, so he took what he could get and he played basketball in college so that he could follow his dreams. You both ended up working for the same company through some unplanned miracle.

  The two of you had finally been allowed to work on the same project, although you weren't really working in close quarters. It was nice to know that for the first time since high school, he got to choreograph one of your songs. There was something about it that put you at ease. As if you knew that your song was in good hands.

  Yeonjun would pop into your office every now and then, laying on your small rat producer sofa or your cluttered rat producer floor, and he would tell you about his day. He was way more tired than you at the end of the day, but you typically stayed up way later than he did, through only fault of your own.

  You had no clue what fuelled this music inspired rush, but you always felt the most productive at night. Sometimes you'd feel the urge to make a song, and if you needed to, it was great, but if you needed sleep, then you'd sleep and all inspiration would be gone by the morning as you returned to your busy rat producer schedule.

  "Knock knock," you heard as your door opened a crack.

  "Rather than saying the words 'knock knock', you could actually knock," you told him, swivelling in your chair to face him as he stepped into your dark office, closing the door.

  "It's so nice in here," he sighed, ignoring your criticism as he sat on your rat producer sofa.

  "Did you have a hard day?" You asked, giving him your full attention.

  "Long day," he responded, leaning back.

  "Do you wanna talk about it?" You asked, moving to join him on the small sofa.

  "There's not much to say. I danced a lot, got scolded by the higher ups because they didn't like the dance I made for the song, and had to carry on with my day like it was nothing. Now I have to make a whole new choreography. I'm so sore," he grumbled. His eyes were closed but you could still see the frustration inching towards his face. His muscles were tight and tense.

  You reached stood up and moved into the small gap behind the small sofa, beginning to massage his shoulders. He sighed in relief, melting into the sofa.

  "If I'm the rat producer, then you're the rat choreographer," you commented.

  "That's me," he smiled. He was beginning to fall asleep. His slightly slurred speech, tired tone of voice, and closed eyes all pointed towards his currently sleepy disposition.

  "I know it isn't much coming from me, but I think your dance looked really good," you told him softly.

  "Why wouldn't it mean much coming from you?" He asked, opening his eyes slightly.

  "I'm not a dancer. I don't know anything about that stuff," you shrugged.

  Yeonjun moved his weak arm and grabbed your collar, pulling you down towards him and giving you a kiss.

  "It means everything coming from you," he told you.

  Your surprised face left him happy and he had a small smile on his face and the smile faded into a peaceful slumber as he leaned back on your small sofa. You moved from behind it, being careful not to wake him, and you sat down next to him, carefully moving his arm around you. You leaned into him and then closed your eyes, willing yourself to fall asleep no matter how much you wanted to make music.

  You two were harshly awoken by a knock at the door. It had been a few hours and the two of you had barely moved.

  "(Y/N)! Yeonjun! Come on! We're having a meeting in ten minutes! Don't be late!" They yelled before moving away from the door.

  It took you two a second to fully wake up and realize what time it was. It was the next day. They must've noticed that the two of you didn't leave. It happens a lot with the producers and sometimes, Yeonjun even stayed with you, so it was no surprise that he was in your small, cramped, rat producer office.

  "Come on my little Rat Producer. We've got a meeting to attend," Yeonjun smiled tiredly as he stretched his sore muscles.

  "Of course, my Rat Choreographer."