Operation

Chapter 16

Monday's classes had come and gone and now, it was the hard part. Well, for the five boys at least. This was the easiest part for you. You got to sit back and direct as they danced their hearts out to no end.

The gym was filled with white space and green screen. There was no way you could have several different sets in such a short time in that small of a space. That only meant that your next job was harder. The editing of the music video was definitely going to be the hardest part, but you hoped that it would at least look good.

There were costume racks on one side of the gym with some of the clothing items you had asked for. It was mainly shirts. You had instructed the five boys to bring several different pairs of pants. Shirts could fit them easily, but there was no way the theatre team had pants that could accommodate such tall boys. The first part that would be shot would be a dance part. Lots of the music video was planned to be just random solo and group shots with some choreography. You'd made a rough story board at the request of the film club. They were going to be the camera directors. You were just the one who would say which shots were good and which weren't.

  When you entered the gym with Kai and Taehyun, it was like a full operation was going on. There was a group of people making sure that both the white and green sets were seamless, taking extra care to make sure that no shoe prints were left on the white floor. There was a group by the costume racks. There were several racks, actually. Only one was for the boys costumes though. The others had the exact same costume and they were for props later on. The group around the costume was checking for wrinkles and sizes, making sure every outfit was in a group of five along with a corresponding pair of shoes. Next, there was the film club. There were several different cameras, none too fancy, but still very good cameras. They had set them up on gimbals to make the filming more smooth. They also had ladders littered around the gym to help with filming higher shots.

  This was a whole operation and it had definitely surprised you. With everyone moving so swiftly and fluently, you would've thought that this was all planned down to the step. These students must've had a lot of practice in their craft.

  You spotted the other three entering the gym from the door on the opposite side. Yeonjun and Soobin had strategically placed Beomgyu in between them, so that they made as little contact as possible. They didn't get along yet, but now they weren't going ahead and picking fights with one another. They would speak through fake smiles and gritted teeth, speaking to each other only when necessary.

"Hey!" Beomgyu called across the gym, waving frantically at the three of you, catching the attention of some of the people who were working. He didn't mind though. The three of you made your way to the opposite three and you all met in the middle.

"So are you guys ready?" You asked excitedly.

"Nervous," Soobin chuckled in response, giving a tight smile. He was fidgeting with his fingers to try to not be so nervous, and you hoped it was working but you couldn't be too sure.

"I think everything'll go just fine," Beomgyu piped up happily, bouncing on his toes.

"Cmon. Let's get you your first set of costumes," you said quickly, leading them to the rack of costumes that had finished being set up by the team. You had given the costume team measurements and sizes for the five who needed costumes and thankfully the costume team had marked which costume belonged to which person with little pieces of tape on the tags.

You pulled the first set of outfits off of the rack. For Soobin, a white shirt with red lettering and a half red half black jacket. For Beomgyu, a black and white striped sweater that had a cape like pattern around the neck and going down to the back. For Yeonjun, a white shirt with black lettering and a red jacket. For Taehyun, a white shirt and a black and red letterman jacket. And for Kai, a white and black striped shirt with a red letterman jacket. To go with each top, they would all wear black pants with mismatched red and black converse, Kai, Soobin, and Beomgyu all having converse lows, and Yeonjun and Taehyun having converse highs.