Flabbergasted

Chapter 52

  "Well aren't you two clingy as ever?" Taehyun awkwardly chuckled, seeing you and Kai hanging off of each other like koalas again. It had died down in the past, but now, it was like the first day of school all over again, and Taehyun felt like a third wheel.

"This is how we usually are," you responded.

"Sure. Okay," Taehyun chuckled in disbelief.

"Oh! I finished one of the songs!" You exclaimed happily, remembering the sudden spark of inspiration you got after leaving Kai's house.

The song was different from anything you'd ever written, the dark twist making it so that the song didn't even sound like itself. You were proud of it and you couldn't wait to see the look on the boys faces when they heard it for the first time.

"You're a song writing machine lately," Kai commented, rubbing your stomach.

"Beomgyu's working on one too. The promotion song. I've been sending out emails again. Hopefully more people will want us to perform," you sighed. "I also have the people from the competition creating the sets so that you can all film soon. I'm not sure what to do about Yeonjun's cast, but I'll figure something out."

"You seem like you've got this all planned out," Taehyun chuckled.

"I've had this planned out the entire time," you told him, trying to seem impressive.

"So you're winging it?"

"I'm winging it," you confirmed.

Gathering everyone was easier this time. Yeonjun was with Soobin, Beomgyu was looking for you, and Taehyun and Kai were with you the whole time. The five of them willingly let you drag them into the music room. You closed the door behind you, turning to them, ready to see the gobsmacked looks on their faces once they heard what this song actually sounded like.

"So this song is a little different from what I've done before," you said, giving them a forewarning before hitting the play button.

They all listened closely to the seemingly soft song, swaying along with its harmonious tone. Beomgyu even told you that that song could lull him to sleep. Not seconds after that, the song switched, leaving all of them flabbergasted. No one said a thing, their jaws just hung open as you watched in amusement. When their listen through was finished, they were stunned.

  "Why would you do that? What was that?" Beomgyu asked, the pure surprise on his face leaving no room for any other emotion.

"It's good, right?" You asked, amused at their reactions.

"How'd you come up with that?" Taehyun asked.

"I don't know. I just did, I guess," you shrugged.

Music came naturally to you. Of course, inspiration came as a big part of that. You didn't necessarily know what inspired you, but something did and then you started working until you couldn't work anymore.

  "You like it though, right?" You asked hesitantly. The song was a bit of a gamble but it would add depth to the short film.

  "That song is amazing! The fluidity is so surprising. How you could manage to fit such opposite genres together, I'll never understand," Yeonjun praised endlessly.

  "So I'll divvy up the parts and you'll learn them and we'll record Friday?" You asked, hoping to get this done as fast as possible.

  They were all fast to agree. They all knew you had a strict schedule to stick to if you wanted to get everything done, or else it became a hassle.