Betrayal

Chapter 19

"Kai, if you don't stop shaking your damn leg, I'll decapitate it," you threatened.

You were working diligently on your laptop at the conference room table, trying to desperately to edit the videos together nicely and put the finishing touches on. Jongho had given you the group shots the previous day and you'd already assembled most of the video. You were putting the finishing touches on at that moment, and your focus was only being ruined by Kai. The other four sat completely silent, but the entire room, including the giant table, was shaking slightly under the sheer force of Kai's leg.

"I'm excited. And nervous," he pouted, trying to stop his shaking leg. It worked for a few seconds but then he started bouncing in his seat which was somehow even worse.

"Okay! I'm done!" You yelled, saving your progress so that it didn't get lost. You had it saved to a USB so you could give it to the producers the next day. The thought of talking to someone with such an official title gave you anxiety. You could deal with the principal or with the police. Those two titles barely struck any fear into you, but producer? That's where you drew the line.

Kai bounced excitedly, pulling down the projector screen while you connected your computer to the overhead projector. You made sure that the sound would play and then you opened the video to full screen. You took a deep breath, glancing to the others in the room who all stared at the screen, looking just as anxious as you. Then you pressed play.

"I can't believe it's the day before competition."

Taehyun was probably the most anxious out of all of you. He kept rewinding the video to his own parts and critiquing them. You knew that the recorded parts were flawless but Taehyun was one to pick out a flaw anytime he saw something slightly off. Usually that was your error in editing, but he just couldn't stop thinking it was his fault. After a lot of convincing, he got off the topic of flaws, and jumped on the topic of anxiety.

  The principal had previously called the six of you into his office because he had received an email from the producers of the contest. The email stated your time slot. They started recording and broadcasting as soon as school ended and your group was the second time slot. Most of the participants were adults trying to get their break in the film industry. The six of you had been informed that you were the only high school students. There were a lot of college students, but out of everyone in the competition, you were all the youngest. That was even more nerve wracking.

  Seeing as your group was in the second time slot, you broadcasted 10 minutes after school ended. You had to be there half an hour early to show your finished product to the producers so they could decide if you even went on the show. It was a tricky situation. Not only did you have to get to the broadcasting place while classes were still going, but you all lived in a small town which was half an hour away from the city. The principal told you that he would excuse you from last period and that you would have to leave almost immediately after fourth period.

  This whole situation was an awful situation. None of you would have time to change out of your uniforms. The only other problem you had to face was how you would get there. That problem was quickly solved by Yeonjun, who was so mature that he had his drivers license. He offered to drive everyone there. Everyone was thankful, and Soobin was a bit annoyed, but he accepted nonetheless.

  "I can't believe we might have to appear on TV in our school uniforms," you sighed. If you were one of the fifteen highest voted groups, you'd be part of the final lineup and you would appear on television.

  "We're the youngest ones there... what if the older people pick on us!?" Kai gasped in pure fear.

  "I don't think that'll happen," Taehyun chuckled.