98. Trust Me

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 98

Trust Me

The scar on your knee was still there, visible. It had become your little reminder of that day, when you fell on the golf field and cut your knee on an edgy stone.

That day, you saw Soo Hyuk who unexpectedly showed up. Somehow you had a gut feeling that told you, that he may have called for help that day.

Everything pointed at him. Thinking about it, you had never asked him about it, whether it was him who called for help.

Taking in a deep breath, you tugged your dress over your knees, covering up your scar, eyes drifted out to that one man, whom you chose to defend on that day.

The one who invited you to play gold when he had not played golf before either. A small smile tugged at the corner of your lip.

He sat on your couch, caressing your grey little fluffball, mumbling non-existing words to the cat. He almost spoke in a baby language. The cat did not seem to care that much, staring out, but enjoying getting pet.

"Do you remember that day on the golf field?" You ended the silence, drawing Wonho's attention on you

"Yeah, I remember that very clearly. I asked you to come play golf. I didn't even know how to play golf." He laughed.

"I always wondered about why you invited me because neither of us had played golf before that day." You said.

"Because you stood up for me."  He said.

Your brows lifted, you frowned for a moment, becoming still, but then you stood up from the couch, mouth open in shock.

"You heard it all, didn't you?" You said in a small voice, not knowing if it was alright for you to bring it up as it may be an emotional subject. After all, his friends were two-faced.

"Yeah, I overheard that conversation." He interjected, surprising you.

"I-" You blinked your eyes, unable to somehow find the words.

Wonho flashed you one of his usual coy-boyish smiles along with an indifferent shrug like it was nothing, only making you become more numb as you had not seen this one coming, though you had a feeling about it.

"I had a sense of it, but I kind of hoped you didn't hear it. I somehow thought that you didn't know."  You said, gazing away.

"I knew what they thought of me and what they said behind my back. But it was only a little amount of people who did that. The others, they just wanted to be around me for my background." He told openly.

"I remember the day we went shopping, a few months ago. Those girls in the mall, who criticized you. It reminded me of those people from our high school." You admitted.

"I know." He said quietly and your eyes drifted to him. He gave you a smile.

"I always just viewed you as the popular guy at our school. I did not think for once about the fact that you were adopted nor did I think of whom your family was." You said.

"Yeah, that's why I invited you for golf, because you stood up for me." He chuckled.

"Wonho, really?" You smiled.

He smiled once more and nodded. The cat jumped off his lap, and Wonho stood up, strode towards you and your eyes stayed locked with his.

"I didn't know that." You said, and he laughed.