95. More Than A Friend?

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 95

More Than A Friend?

The next morning, you had been disappointed to discover that you woke up to an empty bed, that Soo Hyuk had gone to work early morning. It was Saturday and the man went to work early.

Choi Joon had picked you up in the morning and sent you to your studio, where you stayed for the planned hours and came back home again at the estimated time.

The day had gone by so fast. Initially, you had planned to stay in all day, but since Soo Hyuk left for work, you had decided to work too.

Now, you paced your living room. It was soon six pm, and it had been almost an hour since Joon left, when suddenly, you received a call. You quickly grabbed your phone and picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Nara, sweetie, it's dad."

"Dad?" You said in a bright voice.

"Can you come to the office?" He asked. His voice a bit deeper than usual.

"Is something the matter?" You asked as you headed to the kitchen counter to grab your car keys and bag.

"No, I just need your help to review something for me." He told.

"I'll be there soon." You said and hung up the call.

It had been a while since you last visited the Kang Group's Headquarters. Turning off the ignition, you stepped out of the car with a soft sigh, your gaze drifted to the building in front of you.

The moment you stepped in inside the company, the employees all greeted you with smiles. You smiled and went to the elevator.

After pressing the button to the floor where your father's office was, you leaned against the cold metal wall, wondering about whether Ha Neul would be there. It had been a while since you had last seen him.

Now that you weren't exactly working in the company, it was harder to see him. You sort of missed those days. You sighed.

It was great timing. Your dad had called you, when you were so curious about how he was in the picture, how he knew of the Lee family's secret.

The ding sound of the elevator and the doors opening, made you snap back to reality and you walked out.

Mr. Han stood outside your father's office, thrilled to see you, he lowered his head with a smile, and you lowered your head as well. The older man smiled warmly.

"It's been a while, young Mrs. Lee." He said.

You chuckled at the way he addressed you. It still felt quite odd to be addressed as a young Mrs. Lee. In your family's company, everyone called you for Miss. Kang before you got married. You almost waited for that, even when you had been married for months.

"How have you been, Mr. Han?" You asked.

"Well, thank you. Your father is waiting for you." He said with a warm smile as he pointed towards the office.

The thin lines under his eyes formed and deepened, whenever he smiled. You nodded with a smile. Then you knocked on the door.

"Come in." Your dad announced.

You opened the door, entered the room and your eyes drifted off to his couch, where he was seated beside Ha Neul.

Your eyes fell onto Ha Neul, he stiffened somehow, seeming taken back upon seeing you, making you wonder why he didn't know that you would come by. You shook your head lightly and went to the two men.