49. The Unexpected Return

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 49: The Unexpected Return

Your eyes traveled up and down, from his face and to his feet. You were bewildered to see Wonho in front of you.

You hadn't seen him since your high school graduation. He looked the same, except that he had grown a lot. He looked mature, and bigger.

He stood in front of you. He had the biggest smile on his face, and your expression was stiff. You blinked a couple of times, staring into his brown eyes.

You couldn't believe that Soo Hyuk's younger brother was here. You hadn't heard the news of his arrival, hence you were taken back to see him. You didn't look quite presentable either, and your cheeks suddenly felt warm of embarrassment.

He was smiling widely, and he ran his hand through his long brown locks, a bit awkwardly, and he chewed on his bottom lip.

"Where is hyung?" He asked.

His tone went quieter, and he looked behind you and into the hall.

You quickly backed away, allowing him space to enter, and he quickly entered the house. Your eyes wandered up the stairs to the corridor. He walked past you, and went towards the stairs, and you followed him.

"Soo Hyuk is getting dressed." You said, and he tipped his head to the side, and faced you, and simply nodded.

"Wow, it smells great." He chimed as he made it to the corridor, and he gazed back at you, and smiled widely.

He still had that same old cheeky smile and glimpse in his eyes. You remembered how that smile of his made so many of the girls at your school swoon.

"Have you made breakfast? To be honest, I haven't eaten." He flashed a boyish grin.

Your eyes widened at his comment. "What have you been doing?" You asked.

He shook his head, laughed and dropped his shoulders. You rolled your eyes, making him laugh. You walked into the kitchen, and he followed you.

"I made pancakes, have a seat, and I'll bring syrup, jam, sugar and all that." You announced, and he nodded.

"Soo Hyuk should be out in a bit." You added, and headed to the kitchen island, where the food was placed.

You grabbed the pancakes, and headed back to the dining table. Wonho glanced at the table, and you had already placed some of the breakfast.

He chewed on his bottom lip, and his eyes beamed upon seeing the delicious breakfast you had made. A small smile surfaced on your face, when you saw his look.

He sighed aloud after inhaling the sweet aroma of pancakes, which filled the house. "It smells so good." He cooed.

You pulled a hair strand behind your ear, pursed your lips and smiled. Wonho took a seat at the dining table.

He sighed deeply the moment he sat down, and he took his phone out from his pocket. He furrowed his brows, and sent his friend a text.

Jaemin.. I'm at my brother's house, his wife let me in. She's nice, still the same. I had to stay out all night, because it became too late, and I knew hyung would be sleeping, and that he would be up this time for work. Anyhow, did you get laid or not? I hate you for kicking me out.

You looked towards Wonho, he was typing on his phone, and his brows were furrowed. He seemed concentrated.

You could tell from the dark circles under his eyes that he had stayed up all night. Any fool could tell that he had been clubbing. He was still the same Wonho from high school.