88. The Board Meeting

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 88

The Board Meeting

10 am.

The sweetest, softest, and cutest little grey fluffball circled around your leg, rubbing its tail up your leg. Your eyes drifted down, your lips were curved down, and you sighed deeply.

"Grey, what do I do? Today is the day of the presentation. I am so nervous. I've never had a meeting in front of some board members. I mean, what if they don't like the uniforms?" You asked with wide fear filled eyes.

"Meow." Gray rubbed against your leg, comforting you.

"Yeah, I guess so, I should pull myself together, right?" You asked as the cat rubbed its face to your leg. You tipped your head back and groaned aloud.

It was past ten am, and the meeting would begin at two pm. It felt like you had to wait for eternity until it would finally be two pm.

Your body flinched at the sound and feel of your phone buzzing in the back pocket of your pants. You reached your hand back, grabbed your phone and looked at the screen.

Soo Ah <3: Good luck with your presentation today. I know you can do it. Don't be nervous. Get it!

How sweet, she remembered the day.

After replying her and feeding Grey some cat food, you strode off to take a shower. Maybe taking a shower would calm your nerves a bit.

You had arrived at Lee Hyuk Group's Headquarters. You stayed seated in the car for a moment and stared out at the building as your thoughts drifted off.

You hadn't been this nervous in a while. It was like going to an exam that you had to obviously pass.

You breathed in and out deeply, trying to calm your nerves. Time was passing by excruciatingly slow today. You tapped your hands on your thighs.

Even picking out a dress for the meeting had been a trouble. You needed to dress appropriately but also give out a statement.

Mr. Park Byung Chul eyed you curiously through the rearview mirror. You had caught his gaze but tried to ignore you.

You had him pick you up from your house because you were feeling too jittery to drive yourself. You weren't exactly calm, so it wouldn't be safe to drive alone.

Mr. Park's brows were knitted deeply, the thin lines under his eyes had deepened as he eyed you for a while.

"Nara dear?" He finally called out.

"Huh? I mean yes." You gazed out.

"We are here." He told.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I zoned out." You admitted and gave him an apologetic look. You had no idea of how you had been spacing out for. But Mr. Park just let you sit there quietly.

"Is something the matter?" He asked in a worried tone and look.

Then you let it all out, told him that it was your first presentation in a while and the first for Lee Hyuk Group, told him that you were feeling more nervous than when you took your exam in uni. He finally looked at you with a look of understanding.

"I've heard of this meeting from Hyuk Soo. Don't worry my dear. Your husband was very happy, when he talked about your project. I am sure he will support you at the meeting and the board members will like your presentation." Mr. Park smiled.