96. Reunion

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 96

Reunion 

The ignition wouldn't start when you turned the key. Even after a couple of tries. You gave up with a frustrated groan. You reached your hand out to your bag on the passenger seat.

Opened the bag, brought out your phone, inhaled deeply and sent Joon a message. You couldn't be late to this event.

As you waited in the car, you rang up your friend Soo Ah to inform her that your car was down, and you'd be at the reunion as soon as possible.

You decided to head inside as it would take a while until Joon would arrive. You knew you were asking him of something outside of his job description.

A part of you also wanted to call Ha Neul, but you didn't want to burden him with more work. He had so much to deal with as his two job descriptions at your family's company.

Gray snaked around your leg, when you entered the house, meowing. Probably wondering about why you walked in so quickly after leaving.

You picked up the cat, walked up the stairs, heading to the living room. You seated on the couch with the cat on your lap. Gray cuddled on your lap.

As you waited for Joon, you almost fell asleep, but stood up abruptly, when you heard the car honking.

Gray jumped off your lap startled by the loud sounds from outside. You pulled your dress down as it had curled up your thighs and fixed your blazer.

Before leaving, you checked on Gray and made him come out from his hiding place underneath the couch. You stroked him, making sure he didn't feel scared before walking out on him.

When you closed the front door behind you and looked out, Joon stepped out the car with a smile on his face.

Upon noticing his outfit, you stiffened, feeling back as you may have interrupted his private time with his family. He wore a checkered blouse that had a few buttons upon and jeans with sneakers.

You had never seen him outside his suit and shades. He looked like a regular man, almost. He still had that strong vibe like an army man.

You gulped hard, feeling embarrassed as you strode towards the company car and he opened the door for you.

"How you been?" He asked with a warm smile before you lowered your head and got in.

"Well, thank you." You piped out and quickly seated.

He closed the door, strode around the car, and seated in the driver's seat. He fixed the rear-view mirror.

"Is everything alright?" He asked in a worried tone.

You made eye contact through the realized that you hadn't asked him of his wellbeing. You gritted your teeth, smiling oddly.

"Did I interrupt your private time with your daughter and wife?" You asked with a frown, tensing your back.

He stared at you for a while through the mirror, till the corners of his lips curved up, his eyes gleamed and he chuckled deeply. You frowned, puzzled at his sudden laughter.

"No, Mrs. Lee. My wife is out with the girl and her friends." He stated.

"Really? I really didn't disturb you?" You asked, staring into his eyes, hoping he just wasn't being friendly to you. "Because if that is the case, I can call a driver?" You said. He shook his head, smiling wider.