85. The Unofficial and The Official Bodyguard

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 85

The Unofficial and The Official Bodyguard

The office was chaotic, multiple employees of your department rushed back and forth, some made calls to the fabric company to hear how the process of making the clothes was going.

Some were checking your presentation documents every possible minute. You needed updates every hour to make sure no mistakes happened. You were finalizing the final bits of your project.

It was soon over. It was hard to believe that the past months since you began working at Lee Hyuk enterprises, your project was already coming to an end. Your time at the company would end soon.

You seated at your desk, gazing on the screen to your laptop, you were working on your presentation.

The meeting for the board members was approaching and you had to be done with your uniforms by then. You had to present the uniform and your idea behind it.

Your head was pounding, you pressed your fingertips to your temples and took in a long and deep breath.

Your mind was filled about the presentation and the process of finishing the last things for your project. You needed a break to clear your mind. You had been up early and left for work.

"Creative Director, Lee?"

You glanced up from your desk upon hearing that familiar voice. He had never addressed you like this before.

You were sure. You frowned, blinked your eyes a couple of times, staring at his face, but he smiled at you.

"You need a break." He said as he looked at you closely. "Gosh, is that dark circles?" He asked and gasped deeply as he took a step closer to your desk.

"Wonho." You hissed at his latter comment on your dark circles.

He took a step back with a wide and coy smile on his face, he let out a low chuckle, making you roll your eyes. You got up from your chair, walked around it and headed towards him.

"How did you get in? I prohibited visits for this week because of the preparations." You told.

"So, I've heard, I thought you needed a break." He said, and you frowned.

"You didn't answer my question, how did you get in?" You asked once more as you narrowed your eyes.

"What kind of question is that, sis? I am the son of the owner of this company, the younger brother to the director, and the brother-in-law to the creative director, the question should be rephrased as- 'why wouldn't I be let in?'" He asked with a little mischievous grin on his face, and you sighed deeply.

"Right." You said, and he nodded with a bright smile.

"Now, tell me, what do you want?" You asked as you raised a brow at him, and before he could reply, you added. "I am not partying with you tonight. I know it is Friday, but I am busy, and too tired to that." You stated firmly.

He exclaimed, looking at you with a baffled look, making you feel puzzled suddenly. Had you said something wrong?

He froze up, staring at you for a moment, somewhat looking hurt, and you tensed up. Maybe you shouldn't have said that?

Then he folded his arms over his broad chest, narrowed his eyes, and looked at you with a disappointed look. You frowned.

Yes, you shouldn't have said those words to him. You opened your mouth, but closed it, when he took a step forward with a serious look on his face.