7. Company Party

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 7: Company Party

You were getting ready for the company party tonight. It was a company dinner by the Lee family so you had to attend and besides a lot of known people from the entertainment and business industry were coming.

You used to attend to a lot of company dinners, parties because of your family. Hence you were quite used to it, but however it was different this time.

One thing had changed and it was that you were now married and married to Lee Hyuk Soo. Things had changed and you knew you would get asked a lot by the people there, how your married life is. How Soo Hyuk is as a husband? So many want to know that. You had to look presentable, you had a name and value to protect. You had to stay low.

You heard the car pull over and you knew that Soo Hyuk just came back from work. He had 30 minutes to get ready. You sort of felt bad for him, because he seemed to have a lot of office work to do lately. It seemed to be getting worse and you got some inside news on him.

Apparently, his father had been giving him extra work and assignments to do. You shook your head at yourself, because you were getting worried for him. You couldn't help but wonder why his father was overworking his son.

What am I thinking? I am worrying about him you chuckled at yourself.

Soo Hyuk suddenly walked into the room that moment and he met your gaze for a second, but he was in a hurry. He ushered into the walk-in closet, found a suit and tie and left the room again. You had to go together and he needed to shower first.

You had done your makeup and hair. You decided to have a natural look, because your dress was quite extravagant and you didn't want to stand out too much. You kept your hair loose in waves.

You liked this look a lot and you wore some silver stone earrings. You took out some black slim heels. All that was left was to get into your dress.

Soo Hyuk finished showering, he pulled his hair back and applied his cologne on. He sighed deeply. He had been working for hours and hours the past days. And now he had to go to some company party. His parents wouldn't be attending it.

Soo Hyuk would do that on behalf of his parents and even yours. He felt a bit pressured, because you were there. It was different to him. But he knew how to act at a party. It was all business and he was good at that.

Soo Hyuk got into his suit and fixed his tie. He swallowed hard, when he thought about that today is the first time that he is officially showing you to the co-workers and even some of his friends would be there.

Soo Hyuk's phone buzzed suddenly and fished his phone out of his pocket and read the mail. He furrowed his brows and looked at it closely.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Lee. The pictures of your photoshoot have been released now on our website. We hope that you are satisfied with the ones we picked out and thanks for cooperating. We hope to work together on a new issue next time. The pair of you looked stunning."

Soo Hyuk scrolled down the message and saw your pictures. He gave them a quick glance and smirked, when he saw the picture, where you pecked his lips. He thought about how you gave him that gentle peck on his lips.

It wasn't even a kiss. If you were going to kiss him, you should have kissed him properly. He snickered and put his phone back into his pocket. He put on his Cartier watch on his wrist and walked out to the bedroom. He needed to get his jacket.

You just got changed into your dress and you looked at yourself in the long mirror. It was a silk burgundy colored dress. It was quite extravagant, elegant and yet sexy. It had a deep v-cut and a high- slit.