Fifty Three

After she got arrested, Nala said she knew a girl in jail that would finish Marie off and I agreed for her to go head and let it happen, so that way my hands will be clean. My kids started having nightmares and were having trouble sleeping. For 3 months straight they slept in the room with Damian and me. Damian wasn't getting any sleep either after the death of his mom. I know how lost I felt when my mom died, so I can only imagine how he feels. My mom had an illness, his mom was literally shot and in the head. I don't know if she was shot in front of my kids or not. I am afraid to even ask them. Damian didn't want a funeral for his mother he just cremated her and sprinkled her ashes in the ocean because she told him that's what she wanted if she was to ever leave this earth. Damian father has been reaching out and I told him, he should give his father a chance and see if he changed and even if he didn't that's on him. Dre has been genuine for the past three months; he comes over every day to play and spend time with the kids. They love their grandfather, sometimes I wish my dad weren't on that bullshit he be on cause now his ass locked up and I'll never see him again.

My phone was ringing, and it was Mavis, I haven't talk to my brother in a long time. "Hello stranger" I said as I answered the phone. "Damn sis it feels so good to hear your voice, how you, Damian and the kids been?" he asked. I ended up telling him everything and I bust out crying. "Sis, I want to come see you" he said, and I agreed. I told Nala he was coming. I had 4 weeks left until I gave birth to my new bundle of joy. This pregnancy was different I couldn't keep anything down my daughter was so picky. I was always hungry. Mavis and Nala arrived together, she picked him up from the airport. He put his bags down and gave the kids gift bags along with me and Nala. He got me and Nala matching necklaces that said Big sis", "Lil Sis". He got Jaylin an airplane that came with a remote, and Jayla got a new Michael Kors purse. First thing she did was put her barbie phone in there. My baby girl was kind of bougie. Mavis said he wanted to take us out to eat. We all got dress and headed to Michi a seafood and grill place; the food is delicious. The kids wanted shrimp and chicken alfredo. Damian wanted lamb chops, shrimp and lobster and Mavis ordered the same thing. Nala and I wanted the unlimited seafood boil. We got crab legs, crabs, lobster, shrimp, corn, sausage, potatoes and eggs in a bag of garlic butter sauce. I was in heaven. Mavis said he had a big announcement to make once his surprise guest arrived. 20 mins later in walked Angela. "What are you doing here friend?" I said. She was dressed in all white. Angela sat beside Mavis and gave him a long sloppy kiss. I looked at Damian and then at Nala and said, "I am so confused. "Well sis, Angela and I kept in contact all this time and we have been in a relationship for the last 2 years and now she is my fiancé" Mavis said. "OMG!" Nala and I said at the same damn time. I was so happy for them. Of course, Angela asked Nala and I to be her maid of honor and bride maid and Mavis asked Damian to be his best man. Mavis said he never really had any friends or much family besides us. "So, all them times, you were leaving out going on dates recently, you were sneaking out with my brother you could have told us" I said sarcastically to Angela. She didn't say a word and she look scared. "What you mean sneaking out" Mavis said with an angry look on his face. "Oh shit" Nala said as she sipped her drink. "Can we talk outside now" Angela said to Mavis. He said, "No we will talk about this later." If I knew I wouldn't have said anything. I tried to apologize but Angela told me I had nothing to apologize for. I felt so bad. Dinner was awkward as hell the rest of the night. Nala just kept laughing. We all went back to the house; the twins were knocked out. Damian and I took them up to their rooms. The back door was cracked open. I was not ready for no shit tonight that will make me go into labor. Damian and Mavis went out to see was somebody out there or if they see something suspicious. They came back and said they didn't see anything. We all went into the basement to check the cameras. There was Cece again but only this time she wasn't alone, it was dark so I couldn't really tell who she was with, it was a guy and another female. At this point Cece is an enemy because bitch wtf type shit you on. I told Nala she had to beat her ass at this point. Nala told me that's all she needed to hear. We enjoyed our night; I was the only sober one. Damian wanted to fuck so bad, but he ended up passing out while eating my pussy and I let him sleep right in that puddle he made. I thought my water broke at first, but I just squirted.

The next day I woke up and smelled breakfast, I forgot Damian was between my legs, so I woke him up and he didn't even remember what happen. He woke and said "Come on baby I'm ready. His dick was so hard, I laughed and just ended up letting him fuck me. We got in the shower and headed downstairs. Nala was cooking breakfast, I was shocked. "What's this for sis?" I asked. She said she had a big announcement. I wondered what was so big to have my sister cooking breakfast by herself at that. Everything looks so delicious. She had fresh fruit, pancakes, French toast covered with powdered sugar, bagels, toast, eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, scrapple, grits, oatmeal and cream of wheat. Everything was buffet style. "Everyone eat up and then I will make my announcement. It's so crazy Damian mom not being at this table with us. Nala, Damian and I all lost our moms. These past few years have been so rough, but we always come out on top every time. As we were finishing up eating our food, there was somebody banging on the door. "I got it" Nala said. She went towards the door and a bullet flew past her. We all got down on the floor, I grabbed my babies so tight. After 5 minutes we didn't hear another shot. Damian and Mavis went towards the door, Damian grabbed his shot gun that was in a secret slot not too far from the front door. When they opened the door there was a note hanging on from a piece of duct tape.

I was opening the note up when the next thing I know, I heard a big gush hit the floor. My damn water broke. We all grabbed our coats and the kids then headed for the cars. Damian was speeding so fast; it was making my contractions worse. "Babe you have to slow down, or we will crash" I said. Damian looked at me and said, "Baby I'm not crashing shit." Before I know it, we pulled up at the hospital and Damian ran in to get me a wheelchair and a nurse. Everyone else wasn't there yet. The kids were with Nala. They rolled me up to a room and got me set up and now the wait is on. Nala and Mavis came up while Angela stayed in the waiting room with the kids. Damian mom normally had them at times like these but now she is gone. I am afraid of hiring another nanny after the last one was abusing my kids. 6 hours gone by and the contractions were every 5 minutes. I was okay. It was painful but I could bare it. I had that note in my pocket and I wanted to read it. I called officer bailey and asked him could he watch the house, he agreed and said it was no problem. I facetime Angela so I could see the kids. I hate that they couldn't come in the room with me. "Hey mommy" the twins said. "Is my baby sister here yet" Jayla said. "No baby not yet, you will be able to see her as soon as she come, I love you both and I will see you soon" I said to them before hanging up the phone.

When I opened the note all it said was "Be ready" and I don't know who the hell this could be from. Could it be tammy, could it be Marie. I don't know. I didn't have time to figure it out right now. Damian fell asleep in the chair while we were waiting. The contractions started getting more closer and more intense. I was 7 cm dilated 16 hours into labor. I was becoming exhausted; I was trying to hold out if I could before getting an epidural. Before I could hit 8 cm, I was hollering for them to give me that damn medicine. Once they finish giving me my epidural, I was able to get a little bit of sleep. 3 hours later I was 9 cm. It's been 19 hours. Damian was sitting in my face eating chips I wanted to slap him. I am completely 10 cm and it was time for me to push out my baby girl. She is here Ella Lanai Jackson, 8 lbs. 7 oz. born at 8:23 AM on January 6, she had a head full of hair, so beautiful and she look just like Rayne. I started crying because it brought back all the memories of my first born. Nala, Mavis, Angela and the kids all came up to see her. Jayla and Jaylin were so happy they had a little sister. Nala, Mavis and Angela took them back home so they could sleep in their beds.

Our hospital visit was coming to an end, it was time for us to take our baby home. I thought she was going to be premature because she came at 38 weeks, but she is perfectly healthy. I was in love all over again. When we got home, nobody was there, and officer Bailey car wasn't outside. When we went in the house it was pink and purple balloons everywhere. Mavis, Nala, Angela, the kids, officer bailey and Damian dad Dre was standing in the living room with a welcome home cake for Ella. I was so happy. Everybody was happy to see her. They were all I had left. I showed officer bailey the note and he said that nobody has been sneaking around or anything since I was in the hospital. After everybody left, we took Ella up to her room. I told Damian it was time to pack up and leave again.