Two

The next day I woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, waffles, and grits. I knew mom was home. She always cooked a big breakfast on Sundays. "Good Morning baby girl" she said. "Good Morning mama" I replied. Then I heard "Good Morning ugly". I just knew it was Damian. I asked him "do you ever eat at home?" "Nope" he replied. I said "I see". Mama yelled for us to wash our hands and get ready to eat. Damian your mom said come straight home after breakfast you have church this morning my mom said to Damian. He and his mom went to church every Sunday. We would go with them but only on holidays. Mom and I normally spent it on the couch eating snacks watching Tom and Jerry. The school week went by fast, plus Friday was a half a day. Nala missed Friday. I wasn't sure why. I called her but didn't get an answer I was starting to worry she always answered when I called. "Try again later lovebugg" my mom said from the kitchen. "Okay", I replied with this look of disappointment on my face. Come Saturday afternoon I still haven't heard from Nala, I wanted to cry. All I could think is I hope my best friend is okay.

As I was about to call Damian to see if he heard from Nala, there was a knock at the door and to my surprise it was him. The look on his face let me know something was wrong he was always so cheerful and on joke time that let me know something wasn't right. He let out a sigh and the words slowly came out his mouth Nala mom died! I fell to my knees so in shock and just hurt for my friend. I couldn't imagine loosing my mom. Damian hugged me and told me she was going to be okay because she got us and he was right. "Where is Nala now" I said to him. "I don't know Nay". He replied. My mom told us to come in the living room and sit down, it was a waiting game. Damian mom came over to while we waited to hear anything. Unfortunately it was starting to get late. Our moms hugged then we hugged. My mom said to Damian mom if she hears anything she will let her know. I was so sad I slept in mom bed that night. It felt like time was moving slow; all I could think about was Nala and was she alone? Where she was at? How she was doing. I woke mom up and asked her could we pray not just for Nala but for us too. She said "sure lovebugg". I asked god to let Nala be safe, protect her and let her call me soon I pray that he keep my loved ones safe and also keep Damian safe. Mom kissed my forehead and told me that was a beautiful prayer we got back in bed and went to sleep.

I woke up Sunday morning and I didn't smell breakfast. I came down stairs "Good Morning Sunshine" I heard Damian in the kitchen, there that smile go with his dimples he's so cute. "Good Morning young man" I said sarcastically. My mom came down stairs and said "get dressed were going to church with Damian and his mom. I did just that with no hesitation. Michael was sitting in the living room. I like him for mom he kept a smile on her face. We all headed out for church. I wanted to ride in the car with Damian and his mom. Church was well needed. After church Michael treated all of us to brunch. I wasn't really hungry I missed Nala, for months I was sad because nobody knew where she was, I even made posters asking if anyone seen her or if anyone knew where she was. Nobody knew, I was starting to loose hope.