Thirty Seven

It's the twins first Christmas, we got a white tree and put it right in the living room by the front window we all decorated it, the twins are 5 months now Damian and I mainly got them clothes because they are growing too fast for me. Rayne got clothes and more toys, and another tea set because she pushed her whole tea set down the steps. I don't know why Damian would give her a glass tea set but he gave Rayne anything she wanted. We got her the plastic set this time, she also got a kit to change the color of her Benz truck. I was so over Damian and that damn truck, Rayne rather push it than be in it herself, but after awhile she got in and she always want to go out back to ride in the yard. Of course, it's too cold for that now it is winter. There was a knock at the door. "Who is it" my mom said as she was coming down the steps with some more bulbs for the tree. No answer, as soon as my mom opened the door there was James and my mom dropped them bulbs like she seen a ghost and was just stuck and froze standing in front of the door. She started trembling out of fear. I put Jaylin down because I had him in my arms and Damian was feeding Jayla. I told Damian to keep the kids in the kitchen, thank god Nala wasn't home yet but she was on her way. "What the fuck do you want" I said as I grabbed my mom and put her behind me. He wasn't about to harm her or anything. I Seen Nala pulling up behind my car. She started running towards him she had something in her hand behind her back I didn't know what it was. James didn't even hear her behind him at first. Then he turned around and pushed Nala into the grass and started kicking her in her face, she grabbed his foot and pulled him down to the ground before I know it Nala hit him in his head with a metal bat and Nala beat him with that bat repeatedly. I grabbed her hand to stop her then she dropped the bat and fell to her knees and started crying. I told my mom to go in the kitchen with the kids and I called for Damian to come to the door. "Oh, shit is he dead?" he said as he covered his mouth. "I hope he is dead for everything he did" Nala said wiping the tears from her face. As I was about to check his pulse, he grabbed me by my ankle and pulled me down and started punching me and scratching at my face. Damian grabbed his old ass by his coat and banged his head up against the concrete multiple times until we seen the blood pouring from the back of his head. I pulled Damian off him, and my face was bleeding a little bit. I told Nala to call the police and Damian hurried up and took me up to our bathroom because I didn't want the kids to see my face. What a way to start our Christmas. I can't take shit like this happening around my kids. Damian mom was already on her way too, Damian called her and told her to come around the back way and stay with my mom. We were supposed to be taking family pictures today at 5pm it was 12 already. The police arrived and asked us all these questions about what happen luckily none of us were under arrest for killing him it was self-defense because me, my mom and Nala all had restraining orders against him, and he also was wanted for murdering Michael and almost killing my mom. Rayne came running out the kitchen calling for her daddy, his mom picked her up and told her it was time for her to eat. I told Damian go check on her while we finished talking to the police. They got him out of the grass and put him into the ambulance. I grabbed Nala to hug her, but she didn't budge, and I don't think she really cared and if it was up to her she would have killed him when she stabbed him the first time. As the police was finishing up everything with us, Cece pulled up and got out and ran straight to Nala. She started kissing all on Nala, checking her face and telling her she loves her, and she have been there for her. Nala told her to calm down and she said she was okay. We didn't even make it to our photo shoot. I felt nothing about James dying today. He was a fucked up person and he really was crazy and fucked up in the head. From all the shit he did to Nala, and then killing Michael and shooting my mom. Our Christmas went left in a matter of seconds. We weren't in the Christmas spirit anymore, but we all had to put our brave faces for the children. I had Jayla, Nala had Jaylin and Damian had Rayne helping her open her presents. We tore the paper off for the twins. They were just looking all confused and hungry. Rayne and I baked cookies for everybody. Our Christmas started out good and ended bad, but we made the best of it.