Book 4: Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

"Bubble juice, sir?" He stupidly replied making a point towards the professor in front of him that he wasn't the smart Potter who was raised under his roof.

"Veritaserum," Snape said. "Three drops of this and you-know-who himself would spill his darkest secrets," he explained in the attempt to intimidate Harry.

"The use of it on a student is, regrettably, forbidden, however." Harry gulped taking a step back, he felt so puny under this man's gaze and he didn't do anything wrong, that was the bloody problem.

"Should you ever steal from my personal stores again, my hand might slip over your morning pumpkin juice," the man threatened, voice hard as rock at this point as he glared at Harry who still did not have a clue on what he'd done.

"I haven't stolen anything," Harry defends himself.

"Don't lie to me."

Harry fell silent, he wasn't going to win a spat against a professor, he didn't have that courage to talk back someone like him even of he did deserve it. He wasn't like Finley who openly threatens headmasters and ministers.

"Gillyweed may be innocuous but boomslang skin, lacewing flies? You and your little friends are brewing poly juice potion, and believe me, I'm going to find out why!"

"Don't accuse him Professor," a voice said from behind Harry. Both Harry and Snape turned to the door where Finley stood, "Harry's potion making skills are rubbish."

"And I suppose that miss Granger is helping him?" Snape raised his brow at the girl.

"Hermione wouldn't dare, unlike how you describe all muggle borns, they aren't stupid to get themselves expelled for brewing illegal potions," Finley fired calmly, just enough for the man to not think it was disrespectful even though it really was in all shapes and forms.

"Unless of course, you want me to report to Headmaster Dumbledore that you're threatening to use that potion on a student," she arched her brow at him challengingly. Snape's face hardened before hiding the bottle back in his stores.

"Didn't stop them from taking certain ingredients from here before—"

"You have no proof that it was them."

Snape glared at Finley, "Are you threatening me, girl?" He asked her eyes narrowed at her.

"If that is how you would like to see it Severus," she replied coldly before turning to Harry once again and walking off, they didn't need anymore confrontations from anyone again for tonight.

Finley grabs Harry's hand and walked away from Snape's private stores, barely able to keep up at how fast she was walking. They only stopped when they reached the great hall's doors, the two of them fell silent.

"What did you and Dumbledore talk about?" Harry asked Finley, she didn't reply, it was about something for her ears alone. "Are you still shaken about earlier? You can sleep in the common room, I'll stay with you."

Finley shook her head, as much as she wanted to stay with Harry to have some sibling familiarity, she can't, not now. "You should go to bed Harry, trust me," she replied to him before walking the opposite direction from the grand staircase and outside the school courtyard. She received something new tonight, one that Dumbledore told him that would help her find out what she really was.