Broken @Noorulhudaprincess

Reviewer- cwang1

Pros:

- I like your cover

- it really captures the mood of the story, and provides a bit of context to it. It also puts emphasis on the title, which is important. I also like the small text at the top; it's noticeable but not big enough to distract from the rest of the cover.

- I also like your blurb, as it provides enough information to draw a reader in but does not give away the whole story.

- Your plot is very coherent and is easy to follow. I also like how you used dialogue to move the plot forward. This is actually very important, as you don't want the dialogue to just be words on the page, with no meaning.

- I like how you had a lot of description, and it really put me into the scene. The description was quite vivid, and I could clearly picture it in my head.

Cons:

- I would recommend that you define your characters more. To clarify this, I mean that you should try to provide a reader with more details on each character. For example, try to ask yourself questions like "what do I imagine Liz/Justin/Blake would be like in real life, and do my readers know this?"

- I'm sure you've heard in school "show, don't tell." This is actually very important, as readers may get tired of reading long descriptions of someone. Instead of having Liz think about what Blake is like, try to show what he is like.

- I would recommend breaking up some of your longer paragraphs and combining some of your shorter ones. You had paragraphs with just one sentence, and while this could be for emphasis, doing it too much takes away the point. Try to make your longer paragraphs just a bit shorter, and make your one-sentence paragraphs a couple of sentences.