Brewing Our Love @reignxlee

Reviewer- hayxden

~P R O S~

⭐︎I want to start out with the cover. It is amazing! It represents the one-shot well and doesn't have that "hand made" feel. However, it is a little plain. I think maybe adding an open book next to it or even a saucer for the coffee cup would make it a little better. Don't get me wrong though, I love it ;)

⭐︎This is very aesthetically pleasing. The way it's done, so organized and nice!

⭐︎I love the idea! Finding romance in a coffee shop ;) Really goes to show that love can be found anywhere

⭐︎Your descriptions are beautiful! You really set the scene well for the reader. We can easily visulize everything happening.

⭐︎I don't usually read one-shots, but this one was really good! You should be proud!

~C O N S~

⭐︎This doesn't really exemplify the show don't tell rule which is basically saying to use you words to show it to the reader instead of flat out saying it. For example, Holly walked down the road. Instead of simply saying this, we can do this instead: Her boots scraped the pavement as the wind lifted her hair off her shoulders. See what I mean here? I think applying this rule would make your one-shot even better! 

⭐︎I saw a few mistakes with dialogue. For example, "Holly, that's not right," I stated. Instead of using a period, we have to use a comma. The exception is with actions. If an action follows, we use a period.

⭐︎It does switch tenses. I see this in a lot of books. Some words will be past tense, while the other future. It's a super simple fix, though. I'm sure a quick read through will do the trick ;)

I'm sorry if I bored you with my examples XD

This was a really good book! Good job