Tales of Alena @jariel_lara

Reviewer - cwang1

Book Cover:

I really liked how the text is really neat and visible; it's easy to read, and the title is really big so that it catches your attention right away. Personally, I did think that the cover was a bit too simplistic, so maybe you could add more graphics, though that's really your choice.   Title:  Your title is certainly intriguing. Immediately, I want to know more about these tales, and who Alena is.

Blurb:

I really loved how your blurb ended. It certainly drew me in. The only thing I would remark on is that it gives away a bit too much about the story. Right now, I feel like you're basically giving away most of the plot. Perhaps you could extend the part about how she struggles to live a normal life and end with how she stumbles upon the stone.

Descriptions, Grammar, Vocabulary:

I thought that your forte was definitely being able to describe the scenery and events very well. I was able to clearly picture many of the events, which came from a combination of your writing style and vocabulary. I thought that perhaps you could perhaps describe more about the characters, but I'll talk more about that in the next section. Another thing I think that you could work on is taking out unnecessary words that don't add to the sentence, as that can be distracting and overwhelming for the reader. Overall, I thought that your grammar was pretty much on-point, so great job with that!

Characters:

I thought that you could perhaps describe the characters more. Instead of stating the character traits, try to show it through their actions. For example, if someone gives their lunch to someone who forgot their lunch money, the reader could probably infer that they are pretty generous. I did really like how Alena was really relatable, meaning that readers were probably more likely to sympathize and understand her.  

Storyline:

I loved the storyline! It was easy to follow and engaging. I loved how the pace at the beginning isn't too fast and seems really realistic. Towards the end, I thought that it started getting a little rushed, so I would suggest slowing it down a bit.

Dialogue:

I loved how you were able to really balance the amount of dialogue and description. There wasn't too much of each, and that made the story really engaging. I would try to make sure that your dialogue is a bit more realistic. You could probably achieve this by making it flow better, as real-life dialogue usually is.

Enjoyment:

Overall, I really enjoyed your story! It was really engaging, and I loved the dialogue and plot!