Chapter 15

Andy's 12 Weeks and 1 Day... Today, Andy's back at work again. This morning, Maya submitted all the paperwork that she needs to put in for Andy, and it's going to take a few days to get approved. Until the paperwork is approved, Andy's on desk duty. During her first shift back, Andy managed the desk and helped Robert catch up on his paperwork.

During shift: Jack, Vic and Dean wouldn't leave Andy alone. They kept checking on her because all the time she took off. They were all there, when she fell down the stairs, burned herself, and was back at work less than twelve hours later. Since they wouldn't leave her alone, she told them that Robert asked for her to take some time off to rest, and they believed her.

Andy's 12 Weeks and 4 Days... Today is Andy's second shift back at work. At the end of the shift, the paperwork came thru saying that Andy was now able to be on ambulance duty.

Conversation... Maya: Hey Andy, could you come to my office? Andy: Okay. Maya: So your paperwork came through, but HR says that your ambulance partner must know you're pregnant. Andy: Okay. What does that mean? Maya: Your partner, which is Vic, has to know about your pregnancy, for safety purposes. Also, you can't go out on calls until you tell her. Andy: Okay. I guess I'll tell her, and let you know when I do. Maya: Okay.: End of Conversation

When Andy heard that Vic has to know about her pregnancy before she can go on calls, she had no clue what to think. After Maya told Andy about the paperwork coming thru, Andy went upstairs to let Robert know about the paperwork and Vic.

Andy's 12 Weeks and 6 Days... Today, Robert has a doctor's appointment, and Andy's going thru all of Pruitt's stuff because it's taking over the house. When Pruitt moved into the apartment, he got rid of almost everything, so all Andy had to go thru was pictures and clothes. It took about an hour to go thru everything, and she kept almost all the pictures.

Andy had no clue what Robert's appointment was about this morning. When Robert got home, he found her resting on the couch. When he saw her resting on the couch smiling at him, he knew that he had to tell her what his appointment was about this morning. He also knew that she might not take it well, so he came over and sat down on the couch with her.

Conversation... Robert: Hey. How was your day? Andy: I finished going thru all of my dad's things. Robert: Okay. Can we talk real quick? Andy: Sure. What's wrong? Robert: I want the surgery for my legs before the babies come. I know it could either make my legs worse or better. I just want to be able to help you. I don't want my leg to go numb and drop the baby. Andy: What if the surgery makes you worse? Robert: Then we'll figure it out. I want this for our family. The appointment this morning, was with Dr. Shepherd, to ask about surgery options. She won't agree to anything until she meets with both of us. Andy: Okay. This is a lot to take in. Robert: She's able to meet with us Tuesday. Will you go with me? Andy: Yes, if you really want the surgery, I'll go meet with her. Robert: Thank you. I love you. Andy: I love you too.: End of Conversation

They had a shift Sunday, and Robert's appointment was Tuesday. Andy was on desk duty over the shift, because she still hasn't told Vic about the twins. During the shift, Vic asked for a girl's night, because they haven't done one in forever.

Andy's 13 Weeks and 2 Days... Before Andy knew it, it was Tuesday. When Andy and Robert arrived at the hospital for Robert's appointment, Andy got overwhelmed. When Robert saw her get overwhelmed, he stopped, held her face, and told her that everything was going to be alright. When he did that, it helped a little bit.

When they got inside, they signed in and were taken to a room. After a few minutes, Amelia came in and introduced herself. Andy was anxious because this is her first doctor's appointment with Robert for his legs. They all talked for about 30 minutes.

Andy learned that the surgery was a 50/50 chance of working correctly. It would either make him better or worse. Andy knew how bad Robert wanted the surgery, and Amelia had a couple of open dates over the next couple of weeks to a month.

After the surgery, he would have to go to rehab. He would be at the rehab center full time for about a week, and then go to rehab a couple of times a week for about a month. All this was a lot for Andy to process, but at least she was learning about everything. Amelia told them to call when they decide if they were going to do the surgery so that way they could get him on the schedule for the surgery.

When they got home, they talked about the surgery and everything else. After a couple of hours of talking, they both decided that Robert would get the surgery. So Robert called Amelia's office and scheduled the surgery. Andy was terrified, but she knew why he was getting the surgery.

After Robert scheduled the surgery, Andy got anxious and decided that she was going to go to Maya's to de-stress. So Andy told Robert that she was going to Maya's and he knew why.