Chapter 30

Andy's 34 Weeks and 2 Days... When Andy got up this morning, Robert was reading to the babies and watching them kick. So, they got up, got ready for work, and Robert drove to the station.

When they arrived, everyone was in the barn. So, they went in there, and the team surprised her with balloons and a banner. Conversation... The Team: Surprise! Happy last shift! Andy: Thank you, guys. (Andy goes and sits down at her desk. Then Brad and Kathy come in.) Andy: Hey, guys. What's going on? Kathy: We're taking you out to dinner. Andy: Today? Kathy: Yes. (Maya comes in.) Maya: I'm not sure if chief told you, but you finish your shift at five this evening. Then you're free to go. Andy: Okay. Brad: Dinner at seven. We'll pick you up. Andy: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, Andy finishes her shift.

Andy heads home about 5:30 in the evening. When she gets home, she changes into some leggings and a t-shirt, and then Brad and Kathy pick her up. They go out to dinner, and bring Andy home. When she gets home, she has no clue what to do. She got a text from Robert saying that he'll walk home. So, she showered and went to bed.

Andy's 34 Weeks and 3 Days... Andy woke up around ten in the morning. She checked her phone, and Robert texted that he has a meeting. So, she went downstairs. She made breakfast and she went upstairs.

Andy went to the nursery, grabbed all the bedding, and put it in the wash. She then went into the girl's nursery, folded their clothes, and put them up. While she was doing Katherine's clothes, Robert came thru the door.

So, she went downstairs. Conversation... Andy: How was your meeting? Robert: Good. Really busy. The new lieutenant starts next shift. Andy: Cool. Robert: What have you been doing? Andy: Laundry. I have to finish putting stuff in the girls bags. Robert: Okay. (They go upstairs and finish the bags.) Robert: What next? Andy: The bassinets. (They build the bassinets and set them up.) Andy: We're getting ready. Robert: Yes, we are. What do we need to have in the house for when they come that can't wait? Andy: Bottles and breastfeeding supplies. I have a voucher for the pump I want. So, we need to go pick the stuff up, tomorrow. Robert: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, they spend the rest of the day together.

Andy's 34 Weeks and 4 Days... Today, Andy and Robert have a ton of errands to run for the babies. Which includes the baby store, and getting the house ready even more.

Around nine, Andy and Robert got up. Robert made breakfast, and they hung out for a while. Around eleven, Andy got ready to go and left the house. They went to the cafe for lunch, and headed to the baby store.

At the baby store, they bought: bottle sets, Andy's breast pump, breastfeeding supplies, diapers, wipes, supplies for the car, a carrier, diaper bags, and other supplies. Including, the rest of the bedding they need. When they got home, Andy put what she could in the wash. They then brought down the twin play yard and built it. After they built it, they just hanged out.

Andy's 35 Weeks and 1 Day... Today, Andy has a doctor's appointment. Robert is on shift, so Andy is going to pick him up.

Over the past few days, Andy has been getting everything ready. She's been building one item a day, so, her living room is getting full of baby stuff. However, it makes her happy. The babies have their own cabinet in the kitchen.

Andy woke up around nine. She went downstairs, and made breakfast. She then went and showered. She then got ready to go. She put everything in the car, just in case. She hanged out until, it was time to go. Andy left around noon. She went to go pick up Robert, and they headed to the appointment. When they get there, Andy got checked in, and was taken to a room.

After a few minutes, Carina came in the room. Conversation... Carina: Hello, Andy. How are you doing? Andy: Growing everyday and its getting harder to sleep. I also hate being touched more than usual. Carina: That's normal. I'm going to do the non-stress tests every week, and I'm going to start checking the babies growth every week. Andy: Okay. Carina: Alice will be in a minute, and then I'll be back. Andy: Okay. (Alice comes in and takes Andy to the ultrasound room. Alice does the ultrasound, and then she brings Andy back to her room. Carina comes backs in.) Carina: So, the babies are four and a half pounds, approximently. So, it will be safe for them to come any time. (Carina checks Andy.) Carina: So, you're about half a centimeter dilated and zero percent effaced. I'm going to give you your shot, just in case they come. Andy: Okay. (The nurse comes in, gives her a shot, and they go do the non-stress test. After the non-stress test, Andy drops Robert off back at the station, and Andy hangs out for a little bit. Meanwhile, at the station everyone is planning a surprise for Andy.) Robert: Are we good to go? Vic: After next shift. She'll have everything we'll need. Robert: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, Robert finishes his shift, and walks home the next day.

Andy's 35 Weeks and 4 Days... This morning, Robert had a meeting got off shift and walked home. Today, Robert and the team has a surprise planned for Andy.

When Robert got home, Andy woke up Andy, got her dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, and did her make-up. Then he drove her to her surprise. Conversation... Andy: Bobby, what's going on? Robert: That's a surprise. (They arrive, and Maya is outside waiting.) Maya: Did you tell her? Andy: Tell me what? Maya: Let's go inside, and you'll find out. (They go inside, and woman walks up to her.) Karina: Hi, I'm Karina. I'll be doing your photo shoot. Andy: Photo shoot? Karina: Yes, I was told you need a maternity photo shoot. Andy: I do. Karina: What do I call you? Andy: You may call me Andy. Karina: Okay, Andy. So, give me your history. Andy: I'm a firefighter. I'm expecting twins, and it's two little girls. Karina: Okay. We'll start with belly shots. Then, we'll have your husband and team join. Andy: Okay.

They start taking pictures, and Andy has so much fun. Robert joins in, and after a while the team comes by with the fire truck. They then take pictures of Andy in a dress with the fire truck and team. After that, Andy and Robert head home. When they get home, Andy lays down on the couch.

Robert: What'd you think? Andy: That was so much fun. Robert: Agreed. Andy: Thank you for that. Robert: You're welcome. Andy: I didn't realize how bad I wanted that. Robert: Me too. What'd the babies think? Andy: They were moving the whole time. We all had fun. Robert: Good. Andy: Who helped you plan that? Robert: It was Maya's idea. She knows that we're taking a picture of the babies each week, she thought you deserved it.: End of Conversation After that, they hang out and talk.

After a while, Andy goes and showers. They eat dinner and go to bed. When Andy went to bed, she was having braxton hicks, but they went away.